I am thinking of buying A ne Gibson LP or a Prs, what would be a better pickup combo? The Emg 81 in the birdge and a Emg 89 in the neck or the other way around? and if you can can you explain a little about the Emg 89. thanks.
Depends on your amp and the kind of music you want to play, and to a certain degree it also depends on what it is you don't like about your current pickups...

...which you don't yet have
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i have alot of amps from top of the line tube amps and very good solid states
How can you know if you want more output if you don't even own the guitar yet?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by EEF13
i have alot of amps from top of the line tube amps and very good solid states

To be brutally honest, that doesn't sound legit.
But to help, have you tried them through (one of) your amps? You might have played it through like a 10W SS in the shop. (I'm guessing you tried them there).

Also i think you should stick to passive's instead of the active EMG's. Some Hot Dimarzio's or something.
EMG 89 is a humbucker which can be coil split and actually produces a true single coil sound, unlike 90% of split humbuckers.

I'm pretty sure it is 2 EMG SA single coil pickups, neck to each other and wired in series for the humbucker, so when you split it you're actually just using an SA single coil.

I think that means it would be pretty hot and fat sounding in HB mode but I'm not certain on that.
Quote by thellamaking
To be brutally honest, that doesn't sound legit.

+1

I want pics!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...