Hey, what up?
Long time reader, first time poster here.

So it's time to get me a new guitar. I love les pauls and maple necks so i decided on epiphone zakk wylde custom. But i'm into metal as much as classic rock so i would like to change the neck pickup into something more suitable for it.

So my question is: "Is this a smart thing to do?"
If the answer is yes, then what pickup should i get?

Sorry for any mistakes, i'm not a native english speaker
Quote by mobilex
Hey, what up?
Long time reader, first time poster here.

So it's time to get me a new guitar. I love les pauls and maple necks so i decided on epiphone zakk wylde custom. But i'm into metal as much as classic rock so i would like to change the neck pickup into something more suitable for it.

So my question is: "Is this a smart thing to do?"
If the answer is yes, then what pickup should i get?

Sorry for any mistakes, i'm not a native english speaker

lol, lurker.

yeah, its not a bad idea
I believe it does have EMG's, which while they're good for metal, they may have too high output for Classic Rock.

If you're dead set on a Les Paul, i'd have a look at the Les Paul Standard and Custom, or if you can find any to play near you, the Standard Plain Top
since it's EMG hz's then yes it is possible and may be a good option for you, each to their own.
The zakk Wylde has 81, 85 combo if I'm correct, if I'm right, it would be more hassle then it's worth to change just one active pickup.
but thats just my two cents.
The Epiphone model has the EMG HZ model pickups, I would change them to either the ZW EMG set or a set of duncans.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
I have never used the HZ series so dont know their output. I have a set of 81/85 in a strat. I just turn the volume down when I want to play something needing less output.
Quote by joeymaxx
The zakk Wylde has 81, 85 combo if I'm correct, if I'm right, it would be more hassle then it's worth to change just one active pickup.
but thats just my two cents.

agreed. if you want to do that and avoid all of the hasel..drop in a set of seymour duncan's hot rodded pickup set. there perfect for anything in my opinion.