I before I buy a Mark IV, I was wondering, do you need to have a overdrive pedal to boost the gain on the Mark IV to get those death metal tones like Bolt Thrower, Morbid Angel, Opeth, Suffocation,Death, etc. or can you get those tones without the pedal but just to take time tweaking with the EQ to get those tones for that heavy rythm type of gain? I sure hope so because I heard so much great things about this amp but Im also going to be playing other kinds of music besides death metal so thats why Im thinking about this amp because of its versatality.
You sound like a kid who doesn't deserve this kind of equipment.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Well Im not so sure I hear a lot of people say that it can't get that heavy and its not great for metal so thats why I was wondering if it will need a overdrive pedal to boost the gain.
Quote by swordsman14
Well Im not so sure I hear a lot of people say that it can't get that heavy and its not great for metal so thats why I was wondering if it will need a overdrive pedal to boost the gain.

What. Thats the strangest quote ever. Metalica used it on their Black Album.
you should buy the amp then give it to me as you should not have such awesome gear
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by CraigKing
What. Thats the strangest quote ever. Metalica used it on their Black Album.

Yeah I know I heard some pretty good clips of the Mark IV but I dont know why those people would bash this amp so thats I want to be validated if the amp can get very heavy for metal without the boost of an overdrive pedal.
Quote by CraigKing
Metalica used it on their Black Album.

I believe they're used it for their entire carreer.
Quote by swordsman14
Yeah I know I heard some pretty good clips of the Mark IV but I dont know why those people would bash this amp so thats I want to be validated if the amp can get very heavy for metal without the boost of an overdrive pedal.

Metallica uses pedals, you should too.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.