Is there a scale in tab format? More preferably PowerTab?

Thanks- I have no idea what one looks like.
Quote by Stupified
How so?

Because the whole pont of scales is the relationships between the notes and the underlying chords. Just learning them as tabs is pointless, it teaches you nothing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Because the whole pont of scales is the relationships between the notes and the underlying chords. Just learning them as tabs is pointless, it teaches you nothing.

I Agree. When i first starting leaning scales i did it by first learning how the major scale works. Then i picked a root note on the sixth or fifth string and then started working through the scale by finding the notes on the fretboard. This helps to cement the major scale and how it works into your head.

Take this advise. Learn the major scale.
I remember thinking I'd "learned" scales years ago, but did't really look into the theory at all. As a result I found them difficult to remember and didn't really understand how to use them. When I went back to them armed with a couple of snippets of theory knowledge that i'd been missing everything made a lot more sense.

In all seriousness, if you don't take the trouble to learn things properly you can waste years being nowhere near as good as you should be.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Heres my problem- I know nothing about theory. And when I say nothing- I mean nothing. I never played an instrument before. All I know is when to pick that string.

Where should I go to start getting a grasp on theory?

Thanks for yor time, guys
Quote by AcousticSin11
Heres my problem- I know nothing about theory. And when I say nothing- I mean nothing. I never played an instrument before. All I know is when to pick that string.

Where should I go to start getting a grasp on theory?

Thanks for yor time, guys

Well, put bluntly, scales ARE theory...the very first step is learning the notes on the fretboard, and the focal point of everything is the major scale, ultimately everything leads back to it. Without the knowledge of the major scale you've got no way of understanding anything else, be it the minor scale, modes, pentatonic scales or chord construction.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc