So my Brother in-law's sister gave me this guitar and when I played it the action was pretty good. But then when I was trying to figure out why to of the strings would not stay in tune I realized it needed some real work. I took the back plate off and saw that the bridge was cracked from top to bottom. So i figured why not just dump a little cash into it and make it a little nicer.

So here is what I'm thinking and I've never done anything like this before so tell me what you guys think.

First off I obviously need a new bridge. I was thinking about seeing if I could find something on Ebay Like this But I'm not quite sure if that will work and how it would the action.

Second I would like to Replace the pickups so I'm looking at dumping one of these

I haven't figured out what Single coil pickups to use yet ....oh so now for the flame fest....tell me what is wrong with my plan.
Unless u already have a double-locking trem, i suggest not trying to install that. I think u could put in an Invader or a JB would be good. For single-coils, u should get the black Lace Red pickups. Hot singles would be better than normal ones.
I don't see anything wrong with your plan, Honestly i think it's a good plan. Fix up the broken and heal the sick! Lol, I don't know much about Ibanez's so I can't tell yah about the bridge, but maybe going with EMG active set of HSH, might be the choice for yah. that's Humbucker Single Humbucker. And they are all actives. I don't know what an EX looks like or there setup, but i've noticed Ibanez likes to stick to a HSH setup.
Quote by qotsa1998
Unless u already have a double-locking trem, i suggest not trying to install that. I think u could put in an Invader or a JB would be good. For single-coils, u should get the black Lace Red pickups. Hot singles would be better than normal ones.

This is true I didn't think about that
Also another thing is your Edge-pro in the EX may not be low profile(depending on the year and all), so make sure you check that out first. I would imagine that it is, but I would be absolutely sure first if I was you. Other than that, seems all good. I could rant about your pickup selection, but to each his own. If they work for you, go for it!