Quote by nexhendrix
Are Marshall mg's good amps or not

Fixed.

No.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
FFS no and use the search bar !!
there are about 12 threads eveyday on this !

ok enough of my rant, no they aren't, they sound lifeless and you could do way better for the money
what could i get for the money then that is as loud if not more
Fortunes heights singer and guitarists
Everyone on UG hates MGs. I love mine, I've got a 10 watt and a 30 watt. I think they sound really good, and the best distortion i've ever got is off my 10 watt MG.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
no they arent. in general, solid-state amps are not too great. Even the super-cheap Epiphone and Crate tube amps are better tha MGs especially. An Epi Valve Jr. stack has much better sound than an MG, and it only has a volume knob!
Quote by nexhendrix
what could i get for the money then that is as loud if not more

there are 10 watt mg's and 100 watters...

buget and genres please.
and if you want SS or tube.
and what you're goint to use it for. (home practise, gigging,...)
How much money, genres, solid state/tube amp, purpose of use (gigging, home practice, etc...)...take that into consideration, tell us, and then we can help you out.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
How much money, genres, solid state/tube amp, purpose of use (gigging, home practice, etc...)...take that into consideration, tell us, and then we can help you out.

600 dollars, hard rock, doesn't matter,gigging,
Take a look at these, I'm a fan of the Peavey Classic 30 or the Palomino.

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
hmm...

you can try a B-52 AT112, Randall RG50TC 50W, a peavey valveking (though the gain isn't that great)...there's some crate solid states for a bit over half that price that are pretty good if you don't want to spend so much money. I'm sure other people can give some more recommendations. Use the search bar, there's a thread on 'what amp to get'

Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Threadstarter, we have quite possibly done you the biggest favor ever.

Quote by steven seagull
Okay, your way is cleverer...

Quote by utsapp89
anything that says solidstate keep well clear of. Valve is the way to go for a good tone. Solidstates sounds like you plugged an effects pedal into your stereo and called it you new rig.
thanks for the help guys but are you sure that these can play in large venues without a pa system??? if you didn't notice i'm a noob
A 30 tube watt 2x12 will blow off your skull, *and* sound INFINITELY better than an MG halfstack while doing it.
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by nexhendrix
thanks for the help guys but are you sure that these can play in large venues without a pa system??? if you didn't notice i'm a noob

Yes, we noticed ur a n00b.

Anyway...i doubt there's many large venues where they don't have their own pa system for you to connect to (plus, i doubt someone who apparentaly knows nothing about amps would be playing large venues). So, now that that's straight, yes, you'll be fine with any of those amps for small-medium-sized venues.

Sorry for being a dick about it but there's so many kids always asking if their amps are loud enough. First of all, they're not even playing venues that big. Second, they're usually fine with a 120 watt ss or a 50-60 watt tube amp without pushing the amp.

EDIT: Also, you'd probably be better off having a medium-sized amp connected to the venue's pa system if it's a large place...that way ur amp won't start clipping for being pushed too much and will retain a good tone. If you do this u can also use it as a monitor instead of the main amplification.

Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 13, 2007,
Most large venues will have their own PA.

Also, for $600 I don't know if you'll be getting something capable of playing large shows without PA support. I'd look toward the 50-100 watt (tube) end of things.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Ashdownlover
anything that says solidstate keep well clear of. Valve is the way to go for a good tone. Solidstates sounds like you plugged an effects pedal into your stereo and called it you new rig.

Roland Jazz Chorus? Vox AD (It's hybrid but you know, bleh.)? Roland Cube?
Don't be a snob, especially when you don't know what you're talking about.
Quote by beckyjc
Roland Jazz Chorus? Vox AD (It's hybrid but you know, bleh.)? Roland Cube?
Don't be a snob, especially when you don't know what you're talking about.

+1

u wont be plalyin in large venues 4 a looooooooooong time
GuItArS
Epiphone Les PAul StandarD

AmPs
Line 6 Spider III 120

group http://

group join if u want Ug hockey fans