are marshall mg half stacks any goood i heard they sucked
GuItArS
Epiphone Les PAul StandarD

AmPs
Line 6 Spider III 120

group http://

group join if u want Ug hockey fans
They're not as bad as people make them out to be, but they're over priced IMO for what you get. Just an adverage amp. Your Line 6 is probably better. I'd also look at Peavey and Vox before Marshall
No.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
You heard right, they suck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Suck. Bad sound, bad price, bad quality. They make a decent doorstop.
Huh... I really should give this MG model a try. See if it's as horrible as I'm hearing (provided it doesn't destroy my hearing in the process.)

Then again, I run the risk of logging in the next day and reading a thread titled "I saw some guy with a stupid shirt and wierd hair playing an MG and I was like 'lol' "
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by steven seagull
You heard right, they suck.

word. in fact the dude who told you they sucked was probably underestimating the suckage.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
word. in fact the dude who told you they sucked was probably underestimating the suckage.

Tru dat

We're talking 8-cyclone Dysons suckage.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

yep.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's the suckiest bunch of suck that's ever sucked.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Welllllllllllll i beg to differ .....

My mg50DFX sucks big time on its own, the controls on the front suck, you cant get good tone out of it at all no matter how much you tweak the controls, the only tone you can get is a suck tone.

The cleans are lifeless and suck
The distortion channel sucks it has no diversity at all and just sounds like a badger stuck in a lawnmower, true suckage

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Running from my Line6 PODXT into the amp and having the FDD Switch on it sounds pretty good !

....... Takes Cover
^ Yes, but you spent, what around $300 for the POD XT? Combine that with the price paid for the MG and you could have gotten something really nice.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
I fail to see the logic behind the FDD switch, I mean, if the switch was reversed and labelled "Make it sound crapper" you'd never press it, would you? Why not just make the amp sound a bit less crap?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

so what you're basically saying is if you buy an add-on which costs almost as much as the amp, it can sound "pretty good"?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah yeah i know i made a big mistake buying the amp in the first place i was ill informed bought it about a year ago and if i could id go back in time and NOT buy one, i got the PODXT to record with direct mainly, i run it into a digital sampler in stereo to record with seing as it has a nice variety of tone, i just run a line out my sampler into the amp so i can hear what im doing :P

Yeah the FDD switch is pointless really seing as the amp is unusable without it on.

To be fair i think im gunna get the add on packs for the PODXT, mess around with all the amps and use it to find "my tone" then in the future consider buying the equipment that i have dialed in on my pod so it will serve me well ....

Leaning towards something like a 5150, ENGL powerball, Diezel 03, with a chandler tubedriver atm ....... but wont have cash for those things for years ...

Anyway

DO NOT BUY AN MG WORST THING I EVER PURCHASED!!!!!!
Quote by FacingUsAll
It's the suckiest bunch of suck that's ever sucked.

and it sucks, too...

my friend has a 100W Marshall MG combo, and i've yet to hear a nice or cool tone from it...
i have a Crate (see sig) with built in effects and i love it...
i don't need any extra pedals because everything is on board...
even without effects, the sound rocks...
^^ haha, don't worry, i know the feeling, i bought an avt...

I suspect the reasoning for the fdd is to sucker in noobs... "if it sounds this much better with this button, it must be a cool feature, right?"...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?