i have $600 to spend on an amp i want to play it in small and large venues the style of music would be heavy rock(avenged sevenfold, coheed and cambria,underoath) i would like to sound good with a dulop wah pedal or a boss metalzone distortion pedal.
Fortunes heights singer and guitarists
I highly recommend the B52 at-112. I own one, and it's a great amp for the money
WTLTL 2011
Quote by nexhendrix
i would like to sound good with a dulop wah pedal or a boss metalzone distortion pedal.

That's going to be pretty hard.
Can the B-52 amp you mentioned (the 112 version) get into the metal territory without a pedal? I've tried the head and it does it decently, but the 112 doesn't have that second gain channel. How would the gain channels (on the 112 and 212) compare?
The 212 and 112 are similar but won't get into high-gain metal without an overdrive pedal. B52's are more mid-gain amps.
The 212/head has 2 gain channels whereas the 112 only has one. I'm almost set on getting the 112 myself. My budget won't allow for anything more expensive nor would my muscles allow for anything bigger. What kind of pedal could I use to get my 112 into hardcore/metal territories? Or maybe suggest another amp?
Step #1 Sell Boss Metalzone and Dunlop Wah as they are utter crapola imo (and in a lot of others opinions as well)
Step #2 I guess a used 5150 would probably be your best option. Definitely can get beyond br3wtal without a pedal and it seems to fit your style of playing really well - oh and after selling those pedals you should be able to easily afford the combo version.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.