Poll: af
Poll Options
View poll results: af
crate halfstack
21 100%
marshall mg
0 0%
Voters: 21.
im trying to tell my cousin that a crate half stack is better than an mg. i hink im rite wat do u guys think.
GuItArS
Epiphone Les PAul StandarD

AmPs
Line 6 Spider III 120

group http://

group join if u want Ug hockey fans
Depends on the Crate halfstack. Crate's tube halfstacks are nice.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
No, they're both awful.

Tell him to get a Roland Cube and then never come here again.

Search around a bit, you'll find out they're both god-awful amps.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
good god, that's a bit like asking if it's more fun to be shot in the arm or shot in the leg.

what's your friend's budget, current rig, and style of music?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They both suck?

^Answer Dave's questions...

Tell your cousin that he's going to make the biggest mistake of his life if he gets an MG halfstack. You won't be lying.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
suicide is the better option.

in all seriousness.
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
Quote by Dave_Mc
good god, that's a bit like asking if it's more fun to be shot in the arm or shot in the leg.

The leg would be worse, more chance of nipping that huge artery that kills you in like a minute if its severed

But on point, they're both tres horrible
Now wait a second. Have you guys heard the Palomino half stacks? They sound great - pure classic rock cranked tone.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Why do u want a Crate or a Marshall MG half-stack? Both are pretty bad. If u need a solid-state, get a Valvetronix half-stack. Yea, they do make em. otherwise, get a tube 30w combo at least. pretty much all the volume of a 100w stack i think running thru a 12" speaker.
Quote by Bazilisck311

+1
It's a process, not an event.
Quote by philipisabeast
The leg would be worse, more chance of nipping that huge artery that kills you in like a minute if its severed

But on point, they're both tres horrible

you have an artery in your arm too, though, presumably? it's possible leg is slightly worse. but the basic gist of my argument (as you obviously know) is that you wouldn't pick either...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Bazilisck311
Now wait a second. Have you guys heard the Palomino half stacks? They sound great - pure classic rock cranked tone.

Aren't those mostly combos?

Palominos rock.

I'm assuming the threadstarter means solid state Crate halfstack...
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Bazilisck311

i haven't tried the palomino, no; i wasn't aware it was available in half-stack form. I hear good things about the combo versions...

IMO, the blue voodoo sounds like ass, while the solid state ones sound even worse. I assumed since he was looking at an mg, that he was also looking at SS crates; I guess I could be wrong.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by R_H_C_P
Tell him to get a Roland Cube and then never come here again.

Now that 1 is a good choice. I have a Roland Cube 15X and haven't regretted choosing it since, it's a hell of an amp.
Quote by XenonBlade
Now that 1 is a good choice. I have a Roland Cube 15X and haven't regretted choosing it since, it's a hell of an amp.

Well if you think the Cube 15x is good, then you'd love a real cube with amp modeling and effects like the Microcube .
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried the palomino, no; i wasn't aware it was available in half-stack form. I hear good things about the combo versions...

IMO, the blue voodoo sounds like ass, while the solid state ones sound even worse. I assumed since he was looking at an mg, that he was also looking at SS crates; I guess I could be wrong.

Yes - They were added sometime this year. They're Guitar Center exclusives, like the Palomino combos, but they're based on the Crate V-Series amps. All Tube. They pump out a nice Classic rock tone, slightly mid heavy - it can be difficult to dial in a metal tone without an overdrive pedal.

The Palomino head
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at Sep 13, 2007,
mg's suck. nuff said.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Quote by Bazilisck311
Yes - They were added sometime this year. They're Guitar Center exclusives, like the Palomino combos, but they're based on the Crate V-Series amps. All Tube. They pump out a nice Classic rock tone, slightly mid heavy - it can be difficult to dial in a metal tone without an overdrive pedal.

The Palomino head

thanks
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Arm definetly. lol.
Quote by cheames
Arm definetly. lol.

...and you call yourself a guitarist
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
id get 2 mg combos, personally, one to shit on and one to cover it up with
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
^ I'd buy a toilet and some toilet paper with rose graphics to lessen the guilt.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by gregevans209
suicide is the better option.

in all seriousness.

LMFAO
Equipment
Ibanez RGT42FX
Takamine G406S
Randall RG100G3
Digitech Metal Master
Cranking a Crate is like shooting yourself in the arm. Turning up an MG loud is like shooting yourself in the crotch.
Quote by uldhppi
Cranking a Crate is like shooting yourself in the arm. Turning up an MG loud is like shooting yourself in the crotch.

Cranking a tube Crate is like lying on your bed, smokin' a joint and listening to Led Zeppelin while your mom yells "I smell smoke up there, are you smoking?"
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by Bazilisck311

No not really. (well palomino is nice but the blue voodoo is crap)

Get a Peavey Windsor (if you dont' use cleans) or a Peavey Classic 30 if you do.
Quote by Ibanez20th
No not really. (well palomino is nice but the blue voodoo is crap)

Get a Peavey Windsor (if you dont' use cleans) or a Peavey Classic 30 if you do.

What about the V-series? They are Palomino's without the cream shell with gold trim.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH