Hi people,
I really feel like getting into recording my own stuff, I play guitar and bass, so I guess I'd be looking at something that takes a mic, but I don't know anything about recording.
I'd have to use some sort of drum machine software at first, but what equipment would I need to record guitar and bass, probably up to 8 tracks and under about €450?
Hey dude, i had the same problem. But im in the know now, lol.

Do what im doing. Get a Lexicon Lambda, and a Shure SM57. Thats really all you need.

For the drum machine software, download a torrent of ezDrummer. Greatest drum sequencer ever.

Hope this helps.
This should be in Riffs and Recordings. Also there are some stickies there that answer the exact question that was asked.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Thanks weiss, I like the sound of that mic!
That's a good solution, thanks again, I didn't realise how much using a computer with the gear would bring the price of the equipment down.

Sorry dude^, but I really didn't have a clue where to start!
No, its not a problem at all, just a common mistake to put recording threads over here. In fact I usually get the mods to move about three of these a day just so that the other guys over in Riffs and Recordings can chime in as well. A search over there might be beneficial as well, as almost daily I answer a few of these same questions. Good luck! And if you have any more questions...just ask.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Well it seems I can get a Lexicon Lambda Studio for €198 from thomann, and a shure sm57 for €98... is thomann the right place to be looking? It sounds cheaper than I thought it was going to be. Is their service decent?
Quote by fortysix&2
Well it seems I can get a Lexicon Lambda Studio for €198 from thomann, and a shure sm57 for €98... is thomann the right place to be looking? It sounds cheaper than I thought it was going to be. Is their service decent?

Its cheaper in the UK. If you are in the UK, check out dolphinmusic.co.uk (or .com, not sure which). I bought mine today, so should be here on Monday.

It was £95.

Shure SM57,get one from Ebay. around £60.

Good luck man.
you would still like to have a mic.

micing an amp sounds better
and
with an sm57 you could do vocals if need be.

to record its best to use some kind of interface...

get the best gear you can afford and you'll come out with great recordings ...(assuming you know how to properly mix, master, and run all of your equipment)
Thanks for the help! I'll get the mic, when I can afford to buy the interface and a computer >.<

EDIT: You fiend! I started reading that guide on tweakheadz.com, and now I don't know what I need lol.
Last edited by fortysix&2 at Sep 18, 2007,