Page 1 of 2
'SEPULTURA founding members and brothers Max and Igor Cavalera have confirmed that they are collaborating on new music for the first time in more than 10 years. According to reports, the material will be released as a completely new project, separate from Max's work in SOULFLY.

Jose Mangin of Sirius Satellite Radio's Hard Attack just returned from Phoenix, Arizona where he visited Max at his home and got a chance to hear some of the music that has been written for this new band.

The material, which has been described by Mangin as "sick"-sounding, may include guest appearances by members of NAPALM DEATH and SOULFLY guitarist Marc Rizzo, although this has not yet been confirmed.

Igor Cavalera left SEPULTURA in June 2006 due to "artistic differences." He has since been replaced by Jean Dolabella (ex-UDORA).

Igor's departure from SEPULTURA came five months after he announced that he was taking a break from the group's touring activities to spend time with his second wife and their new son (who was born in January 2006). Filling in on drums during the band's spring 2006 European tour with IN FLAMES was Roy Mayorga, who played with Max in SOULFLY for several years in the late '90s and again in 2001-2003.

Max Cavalera left SEPULTURA in December 1996 after the rest of the band fired his wife Gloria as the group's manager.'

From the Down forum.

(i may or may not be a little late on this , if so I'll delete the thread)
It's been known for a while but it's not been talked about that much, which is odd.

I can't wait.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
oh god im so happy they rule. sepultura isnt even sepultura anymore paulo jr and andreas should go join them
Ooooooold.

But it's hella good news. Not to mention they have Joe Duplantier doing bass duties too.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Max's stuff from Chaos AD onwards all sounded the same. Even Soulfly had the same 'Roots' type of sound
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Sepultura has went to the dogs in recent years. I'm not all that thrilled, unless of course they're bringing out something akin to Beneath the Remains.

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
Max Cavalera has ANOTHER music project.

Hoo-fucking-ray.

*throws celebration party that no one comes to*
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
To be honest, the last Soulfly album wasn't that bad at all. I liked Dante XXI too.

Hell, Max even said this had some Nailbomb influence in it.

I'm personally lookng forward to it.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I think I remember seing this in a magazine and they said it was kinda influenced by old hardcore so I'm guessing it might be a bit like Nailbomb which is nice.
Didn't they play a live concert concerning Max's kid ?
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
It's going to be a hardcore punk project according to metal hammer.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Quote by mr freezy
It's going to be a hardcore punk project according to metal hammer.

Hmm.. should be interesting. Fast, heavy riffs + Max's vox = winning combination. Unless they bring tribal stuff into it.
Soulfly's last album ruled - old school thrash FTW!!

As for Cavalera Conspiracy, I've heard the demo and I've seen the video on Youtube and although it sounds like Soulfly, its still ****in' sweet.
Quote by reef_d
Max's stuff from Chaos AD onwards all sounded the same. Even Soulfly had the same 'Roots' type of sound

Heard their latest cd? Best thing he's done since Point Blank.

The demo clip I heard of this new project wasn't really good. But we'll see.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Quote by Mongochromat
Heard their latest cd? Best thing he's done since Point Blank.

The demo clip I heard of this new project wasn't really good. But we'll see.

Go on youtube and type in Cavalera conspiracy - theres a video of them playing Inflikted live. IIts almost completely different now so check it out.
This is pretty cool. They were pretty good together in Sepultura.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
It will never be as good as Nail Bomb.
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
Well Max and Igor were kind of the heart and soul of Sepultura, were they not? So basically it's Sepultura with a lineup change.
Dickless.
Quote by postmortem2006
Go on youtube and type in Cavalera conspiracy - theres a video of them playing Inflikted live. IIts almost completely different now so check it out.

I hope to god that "Cavalera Conspiracy" isn't the serious name for the band...

The sound quality of the video is pretty bad, so I can't tell if it's good or not. There was one cool little riff though.
I dunno, after watching an instructional video that Max Cavalera did, where he promotes the use of a guitar with only 4 strings, saying the other 2 high strings are "useless", I don't see anything amazing coming out of this project.
Quote by Charlatan_001
I hope to god that "Cavalera Conspiracy" isn't the serious name for the band...

The sound quality of the video is pretty bad, so I can't tell if it's good or not. There was one cool little riff though.

Nope, the band's called Inflikted.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Hmm.. should be interesting. Fast, heavy riffs + Max's vox = winning combination. Unless they bring tribal stuff into it.

Hey I liked the tribal stuff
I saw a thing on youtube of them playing... Max, Igor, Joe from Gojira on bass not sure who was playing second guitar though
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Quote by duncang
Nope, the band's called Inflikted.

lol n00b

The band WAS called Inflikted, but it was changd to The Cavalera Conspiracy just before they played the D-low Memorial show this year.

Shows what you know
Quote by CSguitarvocal
It will never be as good as Nail Bomb.

Nothing will ever be as good as Nailbomb.

Cockroaches!! \m/
Quote by slayerbizkit
I dunno, after watching an instructional video that Max Cavalera did, where he promotes the use of a guitar with only 4 strings, saying the other 2 high strings are "useless", I don't see anything amazing coming out of this project.

I think he had that philosophy even in Sepultura. Also, just because he doesn't use the other 2 strings doesn't mean that the 2nd guitarist can't.
Quote by Charlatan_001
I think he had that philosophy even in Sepultura. Also, just because he doesn't use the other 2 strings doesn't mean that the 2nd guitarist can't.

word.

I haven't been paying much attention to Sepultura or Soulfly news of late, so this is relatively new to me. But sounds great either way

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by postmortem2006
lol n00b

The band WAS called Inflikted, but it was changd to The Cavalera Conspiracy just before they played the D-low Memorial show this year.

Shows what you know

Wow you know the name of a potentially ultra - **** band. Well done. Have fun up their on your high horse
Heard a new clip on their website, sounds good.
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Why do you care? When Sepultura "broke up" you were like 3 years old.
Page 1 of 2