okay so im moving out of my parents place tomorrow and i have to say im a bit nervous. all my stuff's packed ready to go and everythings all sorted. just getting a bit sentimental now.

im only gonna be about about a 15 minute drive away from my family and i have my motorbike so transport isn't going to be a problem but im going to be living there alone every other month for 5weeks give or take a few days. it's a big old house and it's right next to a canal so im a bit worried.

so i was wondering, who else has moved out of their parents house and how old were you? also how did you deal with the whole "living alone" thing?

i know the obvious answer is to have someone stay over but there's gonna be times when i do have to be alone and they are the times im asking about.

keep smiling, jackass_babe/Emz

ps: icy hot and barrell rolls already considered.
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Elecktra Of The UG Hero's And Villian's Club Pm josh999x To Join

The proud owner of [x]Huffy[x]

Quote by Heafyman
You Jackass_babe are cool.
I never technically moved away from my parents...they moved and left the house to me. Since I couldn't really afford it I had three of my friends move in with me for about a year, and it was pretty much a nonstop party.
Last edited by denizenz at Sep 13, 2007,
You're only 15 minutes away so you can always drop by to your folks. The trouble with having a big house to yourself will probably be getting your friends to leave.

Edit: just saw Denizens post. You lucky bastard.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
did you know that most people (unless ahving a successful job e.g. doctor) dont leave home til 30 :O:O
im moving out this year....my college is in a far place...so im getting a house over there....im so excited about the whole idea...although its a bit intimidating
Gear :

Hofner HS-506
Squier Bullet Strat.......(Sucks ??....maybe.. But i like it )
Marshall MG15CD
Quote by pfa
did you know that most people (unless ahving a successful job e.g. doctor) dont leave home til 30 :O:O

Really? ****!

I'm 21, I've lived away from home for a year once, and am buying a house with my mate early next year..........

Am I a freak?

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by jackass_babe
okay so im moving out of my parents place tomorrow and i have to say im a bit nervous. all my stuff's packed ready to go and everythings all sorted. just getting a bit sentimental now.

im only gonna be about about a 15 minute drive away from my family and i have my motorbike so transport isn't going to be a problem but im going to be living there alone every other month for 5weeks give or take a few days. it's a big old house and it's right next to a canal so im a bit worried.

so i was wondering, who else has moved out of their parents house and how old were you? also how did you deal with the whole "living alone" thing?

i know the obvious answer is to have someone stay over but there's gonna be times when i do have to be alone and they are the times im asking about.

keep smiling, jackass_babe/Emz

ps: icy hot and barrell rolls already considered.

Get someone to live with you?

Or just make yourself feel better by rubbing icy..

Oh darn.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
just you ? or is there a gf ?
(changes A LOT)

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by mattvl
Why are you moving 15 minutes away and living alone?

because there isn't enough room for me at my mums, especially with all the relatives we have staying at the moment (my grandad died recently and we're holding the ashes for a while and people want to come and pay their respects)

and because my friend and his dad are loaded but their both in the army and away for months at a time but while they're away they're paying people to make it look lived in yet it's still being broken into at night cos no one is there so me moving in is a win-win situation. plus free rent

Quote by noxiosimitator
just you ? or is there a gf ?
(changes A LOT)

im a girl
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Quote by Heafyman
I'll move in with you I want to move out of my house Not that I know who you are or anything...
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Yeah that doesn't sound like too bad an idea. Except of course for the fact that people might still try and break in. I'd try and arrange for a roommate if I were you. I've lived away from home for university and it was fantastic but I was far away and I always had roommates so it was pretty much classes half the time, some homework, and then one huge party.
Quote by jackass_babe

im a girl

you knew what I meant
bf ? .. or is it really just you ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

You live in Woking, wahay i live in Camberley, anyway how come it's every other month you're living there? Are you on your own or with friends renting with you? But yeah i'm sure you'll be fine, the internet and tv etc will provide some sort of distraction, but i'm sure that the responsibility of keeping your own place and also social stuff from it will keep you busy

Best of luck

EDIT: i missed a few posts which wrapped up what i said - but chee it sounds great, the only worry would be people still breaing in, but yeah i'm sure you'll have a grand time
Last edited by philipisabeast at Sep 13, 2007,
Quote by noxiosimitator
you knew what I meant
bf ? .. or is it really just you ?

just me and the ferretts at the end of the garden my housemate will be there every couple of months for a few weeks so it wont be so bad.

plus if i do get a boyfriend, i don't think it would be wise to tell him cos a) he really likes me (but he know's he can't have me) and b) i don't want them to think im using the place as a shag parlour

Quote by philipisabeast
You live in Woking, wahay i live in Camberley, anyway how come it's every other month you're living there? Are you on your own or with friends renting with you? But yeah i'm sure you'll be fine, the internet and tv etc will provide some sort of distraction, but i'm sure that the responsibility of keeping your own place and also social stuff from it will keep you busy

Best of luck

no im living there permanantly, they're going to be coming and going every other month
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by Heafyman
isn't moving out supposed to be a happy day?...enjoy it...no more nagging! Music as loud as you want! and since it's a big house, you can have a huge orgy with lots of lawnmowers and maybe a dead rat (don't ask).

i think this might be one of those win - win situations eh? eh?
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by dean_dc
well that changes everything!

ill take care of you

i bet you will

also guys, i forgot to say the BEST bit! the house is detached and the neighbours are tw@ts so i can play my bass as loud as i want and im sure i could fit a whole band in the spare room!

envious? i think so
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by Heafyman
I think I hate you, except you're a girl which means you have boobies.... I'm so conflicted.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser