Page 1 of 4
Yes, I know that there is the other drug thread and I did not miss it but that thread is loaded with much other questions about other things so I really didn't want to just add another question in. Anyways, I'll get to the point. Does smoking marijuana, interfere with your school studies, not in a matter of becoming addicted to it but like affecting your brain in a way that you won't be able to study as hard or be as focused. I'm in a crucial year for school and I don't want to smoke during the school year because I feel it'll just screw me up. Any reliable help is much appreciated.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
I started smoking it in my GCSE year and I only just scraped 4 GCSE's to get into my music Tech course - Do it, but at your own risk....
Gear:

Squire Fat Stratocaster (Gotoh Pickups)
Marshall 50 DFX amplifier
Marshall Guv'nor II Distortion Pedal
Jim Dunlop Standard Cry Baby
Vintage VS6
just dont do it in class
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
when im high i pay alot more attention when i'm in school
its like i zone out, but just absorb the lessons, maybe thats just me
So not recommended really? I haven't done it during school once yet and my grades are perfectly fine I just don't want to **** it up
One Love

and I'm talking about like smoking on a Friday night, not actually doing it during school or school days.
One Love

I love grass but it really isn't conducive to a good studying environment, so save it for the weekends.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
You should be fine.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by musicmyrock
and I'm talking about like smoking on a Friday night, not actually doing it during school or school days.

Lol, good. Thats the best way, me and my friends did it everyday and like I said I only just scraped my results of of the bag.
Gear:

Vintage VS6
Yeah I'm talking once in a while on a Friday or Saturday. I'm just going to University next year so I don't want to mess up. I heard it'll damage your short term memory?
One Love

Quote by musicmyrock
Yeah I'm talking once in a while on a Friday or Saturday. I'm just going to University next year so I don't want to mess up. I heard it'll damage your short term memory?

It does affect your short term memory but I don't know how much you would smoke before this happens.
Quote by musicmyrock

I can't remember hearing such a claim.

OH SHIII..!
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
i dont know man, you should be safe. just don't burnout or so to speak. Smoke occasionaly. not before school. and dont do your homework high. just keep your wits sharp and you should be good
Once I started getting high, I was able to concentrate much better actually. You should be fine, try it a couple of times, and see what you think.
Just do it in moderation (i.e. on weekends), and it shouldn't affect your studies, I did fine in my G.C.S.E's while doing it socially occasionally (although not DURING the exams, that just isn't clever). We had an insane summer and now I've calmed it down to that again, and everythings fine.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
My short term memory is ok, its just occasionally when I think of something to say and then someone buts in and I forget whilst I'm waiting - Sometimes I go downstairs to do something and forget why I've gone down and the 15 yard trip is pointless - Its not life changing.
Gear:

Vintage VS6
i smoked from 13-16 and passed all my exams and done well (parents even gave me £100), but it effects different people different ways some become quite dependant on the drug and even end up gettin high in school.

dont do it at school and dont do it more than two days a week, you will be more than capable of performing if you stick to 2 days a week or less. When you do it more than 2 times a week you are taking a risk, and may not do as well at school (because you're mind isnt clear) BUT this does not mean will fail... just make sure school comes first.

P.S and more questions feel free to message me.
Quote by oZone_TNS
It does affect your short term memory but I don't know how much you would smoke before this happens.

That really only happens when you do it every day or every other day. If you're a weekend smoker you'll be fine.
I am the Infantry.
dude that stuff turns you paranoid! all the people i know who do it are all wastes o spaces. like sit at home do nothing but get high kinda thing. sure it sounds fun, but theres always the chance of a bad trip and spiders comin out of the walls is not cool. no joke it happened.
Quote by AngerIsAGift06
dude that stuff turns you paranoid! all the people i know who do it are all wastes o spaces. like sit at home do nothing but get high kinda thing. sure it sounds fun, but theres always the chance of a bad trip and spiders comin out of the walls is not cool. no joke it happened.

Man you better be jokin'
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Quote by AngerIsAGift06

If they can see spiders coming out of the wall from smoking weed...can you get me some of that **** then?

Weed doesnt make you sit and home and smoke it all day, the person chooses that.
Weed isn't an hallucinogenic, so that is the biggest load of **** I've ever heard.
Gear:

Vintage VS6
Quote by AngerIsAGift06

you like linkin park.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by AngerIsAGift06

You're full of shit. Marijuana doesn't cause visual hallucinations and you don't "trip".
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
well depending on the weed. smoke a blunt of AK and a blunt of some dank kind bud you might trip a little, and some people lace their weed, which again depending on the drug its laced with can make you trip.
depends really....i kno if i smoke enough one night, the next day i feel absolutely brain dead. ill walk to the kitchen, forget y im there, start a task for no reason, etc....

just do it in moderation basically.
Are there any effects on memory if done once every couple of months.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Wheb you smoke a blunt you don't trip... If you laced the bloody thing in acid or ket you'd bloody trp but a blunts just a puree joint rapped up in a tobacco leaf.

I don't think itl'l do ANYTHING to you if you smoke it every few months, youl'l just wake up the next day with puffy eyes.
Gear:

Vintage VS6
Quote by NutZz?
depends really....i kno if i smoke enough one night, the next day i feel absolutely brain dead. ill walk to the kitchen, forget y im there, start a task for no reason, etc....

just do it in moderation basically.

+1

Weekend smoking is fine, just try not to do it on school nights.

Doesn't effect your studies.
Are there any effects on memory if done once every couple of months.

No.......most of the side effects,become aparent after regular use eg:getting mashed everyday.Do it every once in a while and you'll be fine.........
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
I'm not going to recomend anything since, I'm on probation and theres no way i'm telling you to do anything illegal.

On another note; It's all personal preference.. I found i could concentrate a lot more with my studies but i did notice that i would sometimes focus on the wrong thing, such as: Cracking jokes, nearly ****ting my pants in a fart war, throwing things at this extremely huge kid (no joke fellas, this kid was like 6'0 and 450lbs. He had special desks and everything). So really, it helped me more then it deterred my learning experience. Just learn not to smoke too much, a small spliff (half a gram of cannibis half a gram of tobacco) will do the trick. Then once school is out, smoke a blunt and do homework. On the otherhand, i did drink before football games, so i'm sure that killed more brain cells then smoking but man, i could ****ing hit people into a coma. Our left tackle took out this kid on special teams and they took him away in the ambulance, lights and sirens blaring.

Anyways, you'll have to learn from trial and error.
I smoked post most of last year and got mostly A's and B's, as well as a 4 on my AP US History test.

Priorities. Get high and go to class... you won't learn.

Get high on Saturday night? Yeah, you're fine.

FWIW, I quit just cause I got really bored. It's not a bad thing by any means, but for me I was so bored I started considering dabbling in other drugs, and screw that.
haha
Over the past summer, i smoked everyday, and if i didn't have weed, i would be irritable. I also thought about harder ****, then said **** that, and started slowly dropping it. Its not a bad thing if you don't smoke every single day, multiple times a day. The only memory problems i have now are short term memory problems, like forgetting if im stipes or solids in a game of pool for example. If you can manage to keep it to weekends ONLY, then by all means, smoke a blunt every friday/satuday with your friends.

And yes, there have actually been reported cases of people tripping from just smoking weed. Now if their weed was laced, or it was really good weed, i'm not sure. Check errowid if you really want to know. But there have been reported cases of people tripping on weed.

Theres also a rumor i heard about weed not actually killing brain cells, but altering them so that memory isn't great during periods of longterm use or after periods of longterm use. Don't quote me on this, because your guess is as good as mine if this is true or not.

Hope this helped a bit.
Well its really your own opinion, but I used to be a pothead - blazed every day and multiple times on weekends and i've found that i'm really less motivated to do **** lmfao. Now that i've stoped I've just become really lazy, but than again I wasn't just a casual smoker like you would be...
Quote by ShaolinMonk495
I think those chances are bigger than you getting laid.
Quote by Antroid
Weed isn't an hallucinogenic, so that is the biggest load of **** I've ever heard.

it is slightly... if u have like shiiiii loads all to yourself... and wen i say shiii loads i mean alot...

but u wouldent see spiders... its not that strong... youd see like shaps and ****...

...my depth perseption goes bad when im high... is that normal?
Quote by musicmyrock
Yes, I know that there is the other drug thread and I did not miss it but that thread is loaded with much other questions about other things so I really didn't want to just add another question in. Anyways, I'll get to the point. Does smoking marijuana, interfere with your school studies, not in a matter of becoming addicted to it but like affecting your brain in a way that you won't be able to study as hard or be as focused. I'm in a crucial year for school and I don't want to smoke during the school year because I feel it'll just screw me up. Any reliable help is much appreciated.

of course it's possible, with a little thing called Moderation and self-control It does affect short-term memory or it does affect me anyway as sooon as im done smoking it lol you forget things easily but after your high and even well before the next day you'll be fine.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Dude for real, smoke but dont be stupid about it. If you dont want to smoke during the school year then dont.just smoke when you know that you have everything taken care of ... Man I there right now
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Page 1 of 4