I'm looking at some new pickups and strings i want for my Epiphone Les Paul 6-String. i play mainly punk/rock/classic rock and i want a nice sound coming out of my crap guitar (distortion). so can anyone suggest some pickups and strings for me? thanks.
What amp do you have?

Just buy whatever strings you find comfortable.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates

ernie ball regular slinkies
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by FacingUsAll
What amp do you have?

Just buy whatever strings you find comfortable.
b-52-AT212. and thanks EC.
Last edited by lunasora3 at Sep 13, 2007,
i love Dean Markley's Blue Steel strings...
ever since i put on my first set, i've been sold on them...

as for pickups, take a look at Bare Knuckle Pickups...
or Seymour Duncan...
Pearly Gates/Custom?

What bands are you into?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Strings?

Heavy Metal-Guage 12-56 or 13-56 (from 7 string set) doesn't matter which one

Metal Guage-10-50 or 9-56, top heavy--light lows

Older stuff guage 10-46

Blues Guage 9-46 or 8-42

I would recomend Ernie Ball®
Quote by FacingUsAll
Pearly Gates/Custom?

What bands are you into?

Green Day, Led Zeppelin, Ramones, Sex Pistols, the list goes on.
for strings, it's all up to your preferances, really. Some decent brands are daddario and ernie ball, but the only way to find out what ones you like is to try different brands and gauges.
As for pickups, it depends on your price range. You may also want to consider a new amp before upgrading your puckups.
Quote by james4
for strings, it's all up to your preferances, really. Some decent brands are daddario and ernie ball, but the only way to find out what ones you like is to try different brands and gauges.
As for pickups, it depends on your price range. You may also want to consider a new amp before upgrading your puckups.

I don't its a bad amp at all...
Quote by hardcoredarrell
Strings?

Heavy Metal-Guage 12-56 or 13-56 (from 7 string set) doesn't matter which one

Metal Guage-10-50 or 9-56, top heavy--light lows

Older stuff guage 10-46

Blues Guage 9-46 or 8-42

I would recomend Ernie Ball®

^ all yah need to know for strings
Seymour Duncan SH-1 59' Bridge
Seymour Duncan SH-2N Jazz neck

Oh and install full-scale 500K or 1Meg Pots to open them up properly. 250Ks will make these muddy, 500k is 'warm', 1 meg would be "hot" possibly to an extent that would be annoying. Personally (is this a 4-nob guitar?) I'd go for 500Ks for the bridge volume and both tones, and a 1 meg for the neck volume, which should open things up just a fuzz extra so that the neck will have enough bite to run with the 59'.
Quote by RadioMuse
Seymour Duncan SH-1 59' Bridge
Seymour Duncan SH-2N Jazz neck

Oh and install full-scale 500K or 1Meg Pots to open them up properly. 250Ks will make these muddy, 500k is 'warm', 1 meg would be "hot" possibly to an extent that would be annoying. Personally (is this a 4-nob guitar?) I'd go for 500Ks for the bridge volume and both tones, and a 1 meg for the neck volume, which should open things up just a fuzz extra so that the neck will have enough bite to run with the 59'.

thanks a lot.