Page 1 of 2
Discuss the greatness that is Fear Factory. And how Bleed the Fifth is rubbish compared to Archetype LOL.

And one more thing. Anyone who says RONG FORUM, NU-METAL, I will ban. I don't care that it's out of my jurasdiction. I just will. And if I can't do it i'll just get greety to do it for me.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I'm getting Christian's signature 7 string in 2 weeks lolololol.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I only know linchpin.

And it's awesome.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Aren't they on the actual nu-metal list?

Whatever, good band . But I like Bleed the Fifth .

EDIT: Whats the problem with putting a band in nu-metal anyway? There are plenty of respectable nu-metal bands.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Sep 13, 2007,
Ewwwwww, Bleed the Fifth! Must we utter those foul words in this thread?

Anyway, early FF owns. And so does Archetype, but that's the only recent album I can safely say that I thoroughly enjoyed from them...Having Christian on guitar didn't seem like such a bad idea until Transgression, when my ears were forced to experience Echo of My Scream and....

gasp...

SUPERNOVA...

Seriously, though, if you had heard the intro to the song on a local '80's station it wouldn't have been very surprising.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
There are plenty of respectable nu-metal bands.

I smell an oxymoron!
Quote by Instrumetal
I'm getting Christian's signature 7 string in 2 weeks lolololol.

My mate has one. Great rhythm tone. It's not very good for soloing though, I find.

And the reason I don't want it in Nu-Metal is becuase it will get no attention there. Plus the fact they only had one really Nu-Metal album.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I actually like Bleed the Fifth

It's weird because it is the only band where I don't mind the growl/sing formula. Maybe I'm just a sucker for tight syncopation?
Anyway... yeah, Fear Factory owns.
Last edited by King ofKumbucha at Sep 13, 2007,
Bleed the Fifth sounds really good. But Fear Factory pwn, they were tight as fuck when I saw then live.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Whoever put them on The List is complete Mong.

And that video was brilliant.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by King ofKumbucha
^Yeah, how can they be on the Numetal list when they are already on the Metal Rec list under "Industrial Metal"? BLASPHEMY!

Yeah I noticed that too.... a paradox. "Here, let me recommend some industrial metal: Fear Factory. But you can't talk about it here..."

Anyways, FF is a great band IMO. I'm partial to Digimortal and Obsolete myself. "Resurrection", "Descent", "Replica", and "Archetype" are my favorite tracks overall, at the moment.
They were Industrial/Groove but are complete crap now
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Obsolete is my favourite record by FF, after that they had some great tunes but overall I prefer the older stuff.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
I HAVE NO MORE GODDAMN RESPECT
I HAVE NO MORE GODDAMN REGRETS

Anyways, awesome band... but I haven't heard any of their stuff past Archetype.
^Thats an optimistic way of thinking.

Why don't you PM one of the mods and ask? OLOLOL.
LAMMERGEIER
I saw them last time they toured and was extremely skeptical, but Goddamn they're good.

Edgecrusher
Bastards toured out here about a month before I got into em. Good band.

P.s. I always thought they belonged here....'specially after they gots da awsumz recz in da rec threadz.....yo.....

P.p.s......please don't hurt me....
Quote by Dyer's Eve
My mate has one. Great rhythm tone. It's not very good for soloing though.

That's what my DKMG is for.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
That's what my DKMG is for.

Oh snap.

Anyway listning to Archetype right now, i had forgotten how good it is.
They've made some awesome songs like Slave Labor and cyberwaste, but I'd rather listen to Red Harvest.
Archetype is my favourite by far.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Quote by totenkopf
Oh c'mon!!! FF over Red Harvest?

Are you nuts!!?

Geezzz..

Aside from the fact they both get tagged with the Industrial Metal thing, they don't share a lot in common sound wise. That being said I prefer Red Harvest aswell.
Last edited by INDUSTRIALMETAL at Oct 26, 2007,
I saw (and met) FF in 1993, they played the Sarah Sands hotel and were SO LOUD that they literally caused damage to the building and the place was shut down not long after, deemed unsafe!!

cool guys, although the bass player was a dick, but I think he left not long after.

i hung around the punters club hotel some time that year and the FF drummer and guitarist teamed up with the Christbait singer for an onstage jam. pretty cool stuff, I think the outcome made it onto the "Sounds of ordinary madness" compilation.
Moment Of Impact was the first song I ever heard with Harsh Vocals.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Obsolete is probably one of my top 10 CD's. I enjoyed their newer material just not as much.

Freedom or Fire is my favorite track by them.
I've wanted to get Soul of a New Machine for aaaaages now... Big God/Raped Souls is such an awesome track.

Btw, I love Invisible Wounds (Suture Mix) on the Resident Evil soundtrack. Such an emotionally-charged song...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Page 1 of 2