I have been playing now for just over 2 months.

Decided to change my strings on my guitar. Found a good Video on changing them and had no problems.

*******The problem I have is after I changed the strings a couple of them when played OPEN seem to have a ring to them, a metal vibrating sound. Almost sounds like the string is brushing the fret after plucking.... The new strings have been been on long enough to hold Tune, but sometimes they still Ring

WHen i got the strings I had no clue about Gauge I would need, the guy at the store recommended Medium strings. Would the Gauge of the strings cause them to Ring as I described? Someone I know told me I should have put Extra Light strings on.

Any help is appreciated
thanks in advance
Yes, the gauge does matter but not necessarily to the point that they will start hitting your fretboard. As far as your concerned it looks like you didn't know what you had and you got mediums and then they started buzzing? I doubt you would have had heavy strings on before and assuming you had lights the mediums would put more tension in the neck causing them to move AWAY from the fretboard rather than closer to it. Extra lights would only make matters worse I would think as they would let the neck curve back more causing the strings to come closer to the fretboard.

Questions:
Did you tune it properly before and after the string change?
Do the strings feel harder or easier to press down than the old ones?
How hard are you strumming the open strings to get a buzz?
Is it an acoustic or electric guitar?
Mattvl asked

Questions:
Did you tune it properly before and after the string change?
Do the strings feel harder or easier to press down than the old ones?
How hard are you strumming the open strings to get a buzz?
Is it an acoustic or electric guitar?

answers

Stretched and tuned the strings after the change, Got them to the point where they hold a tune, with only minimum adjustments between practices

YES Strings feel harder to press down then the old ones, old ones were stock strings

Don't feel i am strumming them any hard then i did Pre String change

Acoustic