hey everybody
my drummer and i were just talking on the phone about a live performance coming up.
we plan to a quick little drum fill after the guitar solo(just a couple seconds)
my drummer wants to jack up the tempo.ie the whole song in 115,then speed it up for the fill,and the rest of the song. then slow it back down for the ending(breakdownish double kick part)
i would rather hold the song at 1 tempo,and utilise different beats...
your opinion???
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Sounds pretty cool, I'd try it.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
this may be a bandleading thread so this might get moved. but personally i don't like when a song does a whole lot of tempo changes that aren't subdisivble/multiplicative of the original base tempo ( ie 100 bpm -> 200 bpm -> 100 bpm - 50 bpm, ie doubletime and halftime feels)
Quote by wyldeshredder
hey everybody
my drummer and i were just talking on the phone about a live performance coming up.
we plan to a quick little drum fill after the guitar solo(just a couple seconds)
my drummer wants to jack up the tempo.ie the whole song in 115,then speed it up for the fill,and the rest of the song. then slow it back down for the ending(breakdownish double kick part)
i would rather hold the song at 1 tempo,and utilise different beats...
your opinion???

you should practice it before doing it live, it would be cool if it works.
the only thing is we'd do the main riff real fast like 8 or 16 times,then have to slow down the ending
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

Dude go for if the crowd looks at you funny never ever do it again then u can rag on your drummer for the idea
i'd say make the drum fill/solo faster if he wants, then just keep it back down, but normally tempo changes in songs are kool if you drummer can make a good fill for teh tempo change
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
stuff like that can really boost the audience's impression of you. especially if some are musicians who can appreciate how creative an idea it is. and how difficult it can be to get something like that down.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
depends on the structure of the song

but it could be done nicely. Tempo change can be used in a way similar to how you'd use dynamics

of course, this is taking into account the he is an adept drummer that can hold the tempo and doesn't just speed up it because he's a drummer
practice it before the live thing, but let someone (lets say, 2nd guitarrist, or bassist) some distance away just hearing how it sounds or will sound live. and practice. i think it will sound great
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Try it and see how it sounds.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
ok...we'll definetely try it
how many BPM should we try to speed it up?
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer