I've got a little dilemma here, lets just shorten this and say I have two ends of a USB cable and want to wire them together. this fotter-graf shows it.
Now on one there is White, Red, Black and Green. On the other there is White, Red, YELLOW and BLUE. Now should I try black and blue, white and green, and black and green, white and blue? I'm thinking black and blue would make sense, but that may just be because they both start with B.
Last edited by Wonthefu at Sep 13, 2007,
don't do it, there is no such cable as a usb to usb, you could short whatever you plug into.
umm i think it shuold work it depends on what ur doint

I assume u have 2 USB plugs from 2 cables (Type A USB?) and you want to wire them together. As in make a home made USB A to USB A cable (Type A is the flat kind, the kind u plug in to a computer, B is the squarish kind tht u plug into a printer usually) then it shuold work fine. Use a multimeter
Quote by its irrelevant
umm i think it shuold work it depends on what ur doint

I assume u have 2 USB plugs from 2 cables (Type A USB?) and you want to wire them together. As in make a home made USB A to USB A cable (Type A is the flat kind, the kind u plug in to a computer, B is the squarish kind tht u plug into a printer usually) then it shuold work fine. Use a multimeter

You assume correctly.

So each wire should have it's own amount of voltage, and I just gotta match em up?

Sounds easy enough.

EDIT: Well I don't have a multimeter so this plan's out. Thanks everyone.
Last edited by Wonthefu at Sep 13, 2007,