I am extremely angry right now because i cant get the tone i want out of my crappy amp and distortion pedal. I have a Line 6 Spider 2 and a Boss Metal Zone. The thing is that my friend used it and ****ed around with the EQs. Well now i cant find my old distorted tone and (to tell the truth) i never like my old tone anyway. I dont even know why i got the Line 6! I thought it sounded good at the time but now i just hate it. I cant wait until i get my Randall RH300G3 Amp Head in November...

Anyway, to make this more than a rant, has anyone ever lost their good tone eq or still having trouble finding one? Also has anyone had equipment that sounded good at one point but the next sounded like ****?
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
i got my tsl60 and thought it was the dogs balls in the shop
now i'm abit more exerienced i've realise dit isn't what i really should have got
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Your problem might be your amp and pedal choice.

I'm not so sure what you're going to be able to do about that right now.
In the Oven:

18 Watt!
my spider II amp was good for the first 6 months, but when i started using it more - the sound turned to crap. my line 6 uber metal totally died on me and would never work again 4 months after that. ive tried a dist. pedal through my spider before - try using the red clean channel, and keep the drive below half. the drive knobs muds up the sound. mids also are very digital crap through spiders, so put ur spider's mid at or below half. the bass and treble have slight effect but owrk with them if u can. be sure to use some lows on ur pedal. thats all i can think of.
-------Gary Coy Smith---------

Epiphone G-400 1966 RI
Dean ML XM
EHX Big Muff
Epiphone Valve Jr
Guitar Rig 4
i have a line 6 too...
it's ****.

but it was cheap and i just practice on it, and it's nice and small so it fits in my room.

just wait till u can get something else, you'll never get anything good out of a line 6.
oh yeah, plus my tone sucks with crappy cables and stuff, so try using good cables.
-------Gary Coy Smith---------

Epiphone G-400 1966 RI
Dean ML XM
EHX Big Muff
Epiphone Valve Jr
Guitar Rig 4
somtimes i fine my ac15 doesn't distort too easy but i need to play louder thats all, could do to be more trebely though.
I love my Line 6 Spider 3, Slipknot and Megadeth use them so maybe you guys just dont know how to use what you got...check this out for some settings

http://line6.com/support/thread.jspa?threadID=307&tstart=0
My Gear:

Epiphone
Zakk Wylde Custom Bullseye
Silvertone Sunburst Strat Copy
S101 Standard Black Strat Copy
Boss Distortion DS-1 F/S!!!
Arion Metal Master
Line 6 Spider III
15w P.O.S

Soon: Roland Cube 20x
Quote by HedBanger24/7
I am extremely angry right now because i cant get the tone i want out of my crappy amp and distortion pedal. I have a Line 6 Spider 2 and a Boss Metal Zone. The thing is that my friend used it and ****ed around with the EQs. Well now i cant find my old distorted tone and (to tell the truth) i never like my old tone anyway. I dont even know why i got the Line 6! I thought it sounded good at the time but now i just hate it. I cant wait until i get my Randall RH300G3 Amp Head in November...

Anyway, to make this more than a rant, has anyone ever lost their good tone eq or still having trouble finding one? Also has anyone had equipment that sounded good at one point but the next sounded like ****?

You spent $600 on a solid state amp head!?

Seriously, why the hell do you need 300 watts?

This is madness...
IT"S A CoNsPiRaCy I TELL YOU ****IN' LINE 6
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
^don't they use like... line6 Dave Mustaine sig or sumtin?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^don't they use like... line6 Dave Mustaine sig or sumtin?

Yeppers
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Dave Mustaine has his own custom signature model made by line 6. Absolutely NOTHING like a Spider.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2