Page 1 of 4
firstly, this isnt a suicide note or anything lol and im no emo AND i havnt just been dumped or have any pathetic reason to just be thinking this (you know like when people get dumped and are like "oh i hate life i want to die" its pathetic, over some girl pfft.) anyways im at that stage where i've been wondering

what is the point in life? - to make a living? to experience love? to populate the earth?

this all seems to mediocre, surely there is more to it?

at the moment im bored with college, i have plenty of friends but the lessons im just not interrested in anymore. i dont want to be learning about ict and business and media and all this stupid stuff that really means nothing, i mean sure it will get me into uni? although what will i choose at uni? none of these interrest me anymore, i dont want to be some nerd in an office for my day job, i dont want to start a business or anythign because i find it boring and there are so many numbers, and media im not liking either...and im not good at anything specific.

And so if i do get a half decent job, what am i working for then? more money? yea and it will alow me to have a decent living but i dont want to be another average joe working at his average job working toward nothing, working my ass off to climb this ladder of employment but where is the top? can i ever be content with myself? i dont think so because if i do make alot of money ill be grey and old before i can enjoy it, ill die and that will be it.

I wont be remembered, none of us will. I want to be one to make a difference and be remembered, i have a passion for music but i feel like i have no talent (and know lol) so the only thing i want to do are these way out of reach pipe dreams of playing music. Its not about the money anything like that, i want to be content with myself and be remembered for something. Not just another statistic.

there is so much more i want to say but i fear no one is going to read this, i expect no one will care anyways, so ill add more as the conversation goes on.

what are your views on life? what are we working toward? what are your ambitions? what will you be satisfied with?
The meaning of life? Procrastination, so I'll tell you later.
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
And I thought only emos could ponder the point of life.

It's your decision to decide the point in life.
I wont be remembered, none of us will. I want to be one to make a difference and be remembered,

So did Lee Harvey Oswald.

Find something you like, enjoy it.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Simple.

To Live.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
just because were the smartest animals on this planet, doenst mean we have some divine point in our lives. procreate, make babies.

.....and listen to rock music
Quote by that_1_dude24
And I thought only emos could ponder the point of life.

It's your decision to decide the point in life.

lol yea i know, but i thought people might think i was doing a whinny suicide note where i was asying i hated life so i had to put a disclaimer in there
Travel around the world with friends after college to find yourself? The others above me already said life is what you make it.
Although this isn't a subject I thrive in, I was reading a book about philosophy, and it talked about this particular question. If one is having trouble answering it, perhaps ask it to yourself in a differnet way, such as "How can I make my life worthwhile", or meaningful, so to speak.

Nonetheless theological views can also influence an opinion on this question. If I had to answer, with attempt to lack any bias, I would say that there is no one point to life. I suppose you could say it's relative, but it just really depends on who you are.
Quote by Doodleface
Simple.

To Live.

as moronic as you sounds your right, it's to live as a race i.e. pro-create.

It's not how i live lol. i like not having a point
play with your dick and feed your face as much as possible.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
There is more to this thread than Religion alone.
Quote by System Overide
as moronic as you sounds your right, it's to live as a race i.e. pro-create.

It's not how i live lol. i like not having a point

So let me get this straight, you enjoy life being pointless?
666 BRO
my view on life is that people aren't wearing enough hats.

An easy way to be remembered is to move to a random island, learn there language and tell them your a god. Many people will remember you then
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
I'm here cos I want to take my business to the top. I want to kick Steve Jobs in the face. I want to hang around with beautiful girls and get rich and be able to help other people with my money. That kind of thing. I don't care if I'm remembered particularly, as long as I have the most awesome time while I'm here.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Why does a topic on the meaning of life have to be in the religion thread? I think this is mroe philosophical then religious...

And yeah, Nihilism FTW!
Quote by Kankuro
So let me get this straight, you enjoy life being pointless?

Nihilism (from the Latin nihil, nothing) is a philosophical position which argues that the world, especially past and current human existence, is without objective meaning, purpose, comprehensible truth, or essential value. Nihilists generally assert some or all of the following: there is no reasonable proof of the existence of a higher ruler or creator, a "true morality" does not exist, and secular ethics are impossible; therefore, life has no truth, and no action can be preferable to any other.

Why pretend this i anytihng more than existance? why dont you just have fun play out your hand and go out with what you came in with, nothing
Well alot is distorted by politics and school and all that stupid **** which is all really irrelevant in life. The meaning of life is, simply put, to love everyone and love God. From there just enjoy life and try to help others get to the point you're at.
Quote by palefire
To get the high score.

And we dont die. We simply reach Level 2.

Quote by TheHereAway
lol yea i know, but i thought people might think i was doing a whinny suicide note where i was asying i hated life so i had to put a disclaimer in there

Why would you care?
There isn't a point. We're just random organisms that popped up and our minds grew so advanced to the point where we're questioning the obvious!
Quote by Guns 'n Roses57
Well alot is distorted by politics and school and all that stupid **** which is all really irrelevant in life. The meaning of life is, simply put, to love everyone and love God. From there just enjoy life and try to help others get to the point you're at.

Leave god out of this its not a religion thread
Founder of the UG Church of Nihilists pm to join

Trust in me and fall aswell.
Quote by System Overide
Nihilism (from the Latin nihil, nothing) is a philosophical position which argues that the world, especially past and current human existence, is without objective meaning, purpose, comprehensible truth, or essential value. Nihilists generally assert some or all of the following: there is no reasonable proof of the existence of a higher ruler or creator, a "true morality" does not exist, and secular ethics are impossible; therefore, life has no truth, and no action can be preferable to any other.

Why pretend this i anytihng more than existance? why dont you just have fun play out your hand and go out with what you came in with, nothing

So living life without a care or regard for anything else? That sounds very selfish.
666 BRO
Quote by System Overide
Leave god out of this its not a religion thread

+1
666 BRO
Quote by Copius
Why does a topic on the meaning of life have to be in the religion thread? I think this is mroe philosophical then religious...

And yeah, Nihilism FTW!

Club time hehe

Quote by Zar Mulix
Nope. To Die

as pecimistic(sp) as it may be, i cant help but agree

Quote by that_1_dude24
Why would you care?

because i wanted mature discussion, not a wave of internet hate lol.
Quote by Kankuro
So living life without a care or regard for anything else? That sounds very selfish.

I play it like the lyrics from metallicas escape 'lifes for my own to live my own way'. Its moredo what you like while you can that doesnt mean im selfish, its more carpe diem really.

Page 1 of 4