I decided to take off all my strings off the Xiphos i just received from American Music, i was going to wax it and apply better strings (the strings are only a few 0.0X higher gauged then the other strings)...Of course i was excited but that is a different story.
restringing it and stuff...i noticed something odd, and if it is odd please tell me and tell me how to cure it, i thank you all for your help
1. at the 24th fret, the strings are around 3mm away from the fret bar at the 24, and at the head the strings barely pass 1mm
2. the tremelo system (edge 111) seems to be abnormally higher. i wish i could show a photo but i just cant get one of what it should look like, but from the actual finish to the top of the tremelo system measures 2.5cm (for anyone who has a Xiphos)
3. the 2 little bolts at the front of the bridge, turning them would result in a higher or lower bridge (i cant remember the name). the one that is closest to the tremello bar itself is completely locked into the bridge for constant adjustment, while the other at the opposite end does not attach, but when you attach the strings it is in...that is odd to me

oh, and one final question, at the end of the bridge are those little knobs that are meant for adjustment of the strings, is it possible for me to use it to tune a few steps? or is that a bad idea?

thank you all so very much for your help, and time.
Um, its a floyd, so you shouldnt take off more than one string at a time. I dont know how to set it up otherwise, maybe someone else will be more helpful.
Quote by Guitarislife125
Just a gauge higher in strings can completely throw off a floyd. Re-adjust the spring tension.

umm...it is the edge 111...i believe that is different than the floyd
do not use the screws on the bridge for tuning whole steps. it wont work. also, do not take off all the string at once, u gotta change strings one by one.
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Quote by DragonFlame1990
umm...it is the edge 111...i believe that is different than the floyd

nope its just a crap version of one, and its the tension from the heavier gauge of strings doing that, tighten the springs in the back of your guitar
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
Quote by kazra90
do not use the screws on the bridge for tuning whole steps. it wont work. also, do not take off all the string at once, u gotta change strings one by one.

yeah, i wish i knew that earlier
Quote by acidrain22
nope its just a crap version of one, and its the tension from the heavier gauge of strings doing that, tighten the springs in the back of your guitar

i hope your right on that one...
yeah my rg370 has an edge 3, but i havent used it in ages, but re-adjusting the spring tension should solve your problem
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
Quote by acidrain22
yeah my rg370 has an edge 3, but i havent used it in ages, but re-adjusting the spring tension should solve your problem

ok thank you...because i dont want to do anything wrong and if something goes wrong...its gonna be an extremely long wait and another $1000

thank you very much acidrain, i now can solo!!!!! and i owe you for it