Hey,
I'm taking out the current pickups in my strat (blue lace sensors and hotrails), and I'm gonna eventually switch to a handwound set from Corduroy. And I was wondering, what are some dirt cheap (but halfway ok sounding) strat pickups that I could use in my strat while I wait for my pickups to sell?

Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yes, leave the set you have in right now. Hot rails aren't all that bad in my opinion. Don't know about the blue lace.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
^corduroyEW's pickup blow them away. they're handwound, boutique and custom made for everybody.

my pickups are on the way. shipped on monday
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
IMO it would be a waste of money. Just borrow some one elses guitar or play your other one.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by darkarbiter7
Hey,
I'm taking out the current pickups in my strat (blue lace sensors and hotrails), and I'm gonna eventually switch to a handwound set from Corduroy. And I was wondering, what are some dirt cheap (but halfway ok sounding) strat pickups that I could use in my strat while I wait for my pickups to sell?

Thanks!

Hey, have you actualy sold those lace pickups yet? Send me an email at chris@rockmonkeyguitars.com and remind me of the deal we made and we can see about saving you from having to get a transition set.
Not taking any online orders.
^Emailed
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Indeed, and after I end up buying a set eventually, i'll probably make a review on harmony central.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^^ why not here? ^^ as well as Hamony
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Bloody hell, tempted to get some myself!
You are making a reputation Corduroy

Well you shoud get some yourself

Considering that the website has only been up for a couple months I gotta say that word is getting out pretty well. The fact that I have never had a single complaint is good too but I think if I had people bitching about my pickups then people might take more notice of what I make. I can count on my fingers the number of sales of gotten from UG members (part of the reason I can afford to looe mony by ginging you a 10% discount) but at least they are selling well locally. Perhaps I should put out something truly horrible and then charge 3x more than normal just so I can piss people off and get them to spread my name around. Good publicity seems to be going nowhere so perhaps bad publicity might get me somewhere… Nah… I could never bring myself to do that, but it make you wonder what it takes to get a business off the ground doesn’t it?.
^ The MG/Spider mentallity?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
^u should e-mail him than just post in this thread. or PM. but e-mail is better. he'll get right back at u.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Invader Jim
Hey Corduroy, what do you think 2 Cool Heritage humbuckers will make a ceramic Rhodes V sound like? (serious question)

Not sure what you mean by ceramic Rhodes... Do you mean a Rhodes V with the duncan designe high output ceramic magnet pickups? If so then it'll make the neck of the guitar sound a bit more like the RR1 but with a bit more warmth and dynamics than the RR1. It'll be much warmer than the duncan design ceramic pickup that you would be replacing it with. It'll add midrange and give you a classic grit that will be good for classic crunch or clean.

The bridge pickup would be very open and bright and the output would be significantly lower than the ceramic magnet pickup you would be taking out. Most classic rockers would realy like this pickup in the bridge of an LP but they would think this pickup is too thin for the bridge of an alder body maple topped guitar. If you went with something like a Warm Heratage in the bridge it would give you a fuller more focused bridge tone with more output and more of a classic hard rock edge.
hes one of the .000000000001% of the population with a clay guitar.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
It may sound "Terra"bly good LOL
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!