Alright, i have two choices for cabs, they're both randalls, and they are both prices at 500 (canadian). Now, i want you guys to tell me which one is better worth the money.

Here's the first one (it includes a broken amp head)

Description: 300 watt guitar amp, almost never used, comes with defective head, gives out 30 watts.

And the second one (only cab):

Description: Randall Vintage 30. Written 'XL' in the bottom right corner.

I am also planning on using a Genz Benz El Diablo 100 with the cab i will end up getting. Which is more worth the money? Thanks.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
well...you get a head for teh first one, so i guess thats my vote....but then againt eh bottom one says xl......
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by bluezombie
Alright, i have two choices for cabs, they're both randalls, and they are both prices at 500 (canadian). Now, i want you guys to tell me which one is better worth the money.

Here's the first one (it includes a broken amp head)

Description: 300 watt guitar amp, almost never used, comes with defective head, gives out 30 watts.

And the second one (only cab):

Description: Randall Vintage 30. Written 'XL' in the bottom right corner.

I am also planning on using a Genz Benz El Diablo 100 with the cab i will end up getting. Which is more worth the money? Thanks.

find out what speakers they have. If the vintage 30 actually has Celestion Vintage 30's, I would take that one.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Alright, well so far people are leaning towards the Vintage 30, and it does look like it's of better quality too. but the amp head that comes with the other one, is it useful in the least?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by El Codyo
The Randall XL does have Vintage 30's, they're constructed great too, I'd take the XL in a heartbeat.

it does look pretty beafy. My bud has a late 80's, early 90's Randall halfstack, and it's all tube. R something 100 as I recall. Pretty mean sounding amp too, and it looked like it was built like a tank.

Quote by bluezombie
Alright, well so far people are leaning towards the Vintage 30, and it does look like it's of better quality too. but the amp head that comes with the other one, is it useful in the least?

do you know anything about the head? Can you work on it yourself? If it's SS 30W, I probably wouldn't bother. Old SS usually just sound tired. If it's tube, I would do some research on it. Otherwise, I would listen to El Codyo and go with the Vintage 30. If he says it's good, it's probably a really nice cab. I know Randall makes some quality stuff.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Well the guy doesnt have any specifics at all about the head, appart that it's deffective and supplies 30 watts... Not too impressive. I think i'll go with the Vintage 30. Thanks for the help you guys. It's appreciated!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass