I need yet more help. I will list some options I am putting out there and am also looking for tips and other options.

The Facts/Situation
I got about a 400 American Dollar limit.

I want to play stuff like the bands below
Modest Mouse
Franz Ferdinand
Rage Against the Machine
Nirvana
AC/DC

Option 1 Upgraded Squire?
Buy a squire Tele and upgrade the pick ups. I always kind of wanted one, specifically since people say the cleans are gorgeous and it is very versatile. However I do not really trust them stock due to horror stories, but would an upgrade make it a lot better?

Option 2Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Came back from Leitz, and I have to admit... I disliked it, but I think I got a dud. I know they have to be better. They get great rep all the time.

Give me ideas
I need other ideas and tips, thanks guys.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Im a huge modest mouse fan, and i have a Brownsville Floyd Rose from Sam Ash, im not really sure of the exact name and number, but its amazing, everything about the guitar is great, and you can pull off all of Isaac Brocks crazy wammy bar **** on it
Id go for the LP imo, the build quality and sound is so much better.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
les paul standard, i used to have one it was pretty good for the money, and will play what your asking for.
Up the Irons

Jackson RR5
Peavy valveking212
Zakk Wylde distortion
Crybaby from hell.
Woah, Telecaster or Les Paul? Opposite ends of the tonal spectrum, right there. Depends on the sound you want for yourself.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
You've heard that the Tele has amazing cleans?

You're talking to the wrong people, my friend.

You may want to consider a Fender Mexi-Strat as well. Honestly, go to a guitar store and bloody well everything out.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Quote by ChurchNSkate
You've heard that the Tele has amazing cleans?

You're talking to the wrong people, my friend.

You may want to consider a Fender Mexi-Strat as well. Honestly, go to a guitar store and bloody well everything out.

I was thinking of it, but I tried it out and it just is not my thing, plus my friend owns one and I play it every practice.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Yeah, go to the guitar shop and just pull **** off the wall and play it, find one you like look, sound, feel. I have a Les Paul Studio and a '71 tele and i use both. I'd go with the Tele for modest mouse stuff as it's better on the clean and ligth distortion but the Les is good for rythemy heavy stuff like some Machine or metal and stuff. Just play um and pick
I might get the Epiphone Les Paul Studio and upgrade the pick ups. For would the standard still be a better choice?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Bump for more needed help.
Quote by smirnoff_black