Page 1 of 2
I just had my Gibson SG stolen the other day

Has any really valuable equipment ever been stolen from you?

Discuss.
Quote by alecoholic
i thought it would be funny to crap in the top of my friends toilet and mid crap his mom walked in on me...

Founder of the UG Paintball Club
UG Paintball Club Group Page
No but I once stole a Gibson SG off some poor unsuspecting kid the other day

>.>

<.<
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
Someone stole my iPod (twice).
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
some dick stole a bunch of our stuff at school last year. he's a ****ing prick, so we beat the **** out of him
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
dude that really sucks. how?
a guy i know had around 13 guitars stolen all at once, and they were all nice ones too. my friends stole my acoustic out of my car and didn't tell me until my one friend's mom started freaking out on him. being the very forgiving person i am, i didn't get mad.
how the hell does someone steal that!!!! if It was my gibson, it would be in a safe... and only played on special occasions
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by frottage
dude that really sucks. how?

Someone stole it from me while I was at football I think (probably in that time frame)

I talked to the school administrators, but they said there was nothing they could do.
I had saved forever too, I've had it for less than a year.

Quote by metalisbest
how the hell does someone steal that!!!! if It was my gibson, it would be in a safe... and only played on special occasions

I use(d) it for my music theory/performance class. We have a "security force" but they're pretty damn useless.
Quote by alecoholic
i thought it would be funny to crap in the top of my friends toilet and mid crap his mom walked in on me...

One of my friends walked right out of a Guitar Center with a 2,000 dollar guitar. He doesn't even play. It was rather fucked up.
I've had about 3 patch cables stolen from me. I used to be really nice and loan them out to people. Not anymore, though.

Oh, and I had one of those Marshall Mini-Amps stolen too.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

kids steal E strings out of Guitar string packs that i buy
Gibosn SG= Overated.

And no, nothings ever been stolen from me.
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
Quote by Arthur Curry
One of my friends walked right out of a Guitar Center with a 2,000 dollar guitar. He doesn't even play. It was rather fucked up.

all i can do is hope and pray that someone comes and kicks the living **** out of your friend, then you, then gives the guitar to me.
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
Quote by Arthur Curry

I call bull****. I dunno about your guitar center, but the two I've been to, they check your guitar at the door, write down the serial number and description, and they check it again before you leave to make sure you didnt swap anything or tried to take another guitar.

Plus theres always people at the door who stamp the reciepts.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Now that I think about it, my electro-harmonix english muff'n was in my case. awwww jeeeze...
Quote by alecoholic

Quote by Kulvin
A bunch of these dick head gnomes always steal my picks...

You got that problem too? We should team up and jump them...we can finally get our picks back, we should also search them and see if they're the same bastards taking my ****ing socks. Seriously, I could probably buy a knew guitar with all the cash I've shelled out on picks. Oh, and my deepest sympathy for the thread starter, I don't know what I'd do if someone stole a guitar that nice from me...I hope you get it back at some point in the future...
I used to mountain bike until I got my $700 bike stolen when it was locked up right in front of the security camera at school. When I went to the office and asked to look at the tape they said tomorrow, the next day I asked again and they said they taped over it...biggest load of **** I've ever heard. But as far as music equipment goes I still have all of it (thank god).
Quote by david_highland
Oh, and my deepest sympathy for the thread starter, I don't know what I'd do if someone stole a guitar that nice from me...I hope you get it back at some point in the future...

To be honest, I don't think I will ever see it again. Whoever stole it probably pawned it under the table to avoid police suspicion. I had JUST bought some new pick ups for it too.
Quote by alecoholic

my pupils steal my picks

stealing gear should be a hanging offence. no trial no jury, straight execution
I Agree with Mesa5150. I lost my adapter at my last gig, but nothing important.
Man that sux, fourtunetly for me I got a crappy acoustic that I love to death and an electric that cost only 50 bucks and still sounds good ^^ So no one would want to steal my acoustic and I can replace my electric, but the only thing I hate is having my picks stolen... GRRRR I hate having to buy them over and over again!!! But I hope you get your guitar back somehow. (btw I hope to get some fancy archtop that's very expensive and reading this made me more careful, I'm going to put it under lock and key when I get it)
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Quote by Arthur Curry

it might just be my guitarcenter, but there is always someone at the door checking bags you come in with and out with. so i might just have to call your b/s
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by Robert353
Man that sux, fourtunetly for me I got a crappy acoustic that I love to death and an electric that cost only 50 bucks and still sounds good ^^ So no one would want to steal my acoustic and I can replace my electric, but the only thing I hate is having my picks stolen... GRRRR I hate having to buy them over and over again!!! But I hope you get your guitar back somehow. (btw I hope to get some fancy archtop that's very expensive and reading this made me more careful, I'm going to put it under lock and key when I get it)

Yeah, I should have left it in a more secure place. I just don't see how the school didn't notice a random car with someone walk in wiht nothing, and walk out with a guitar. Unless it was a cleaning person or something.
Quote by alecoholic

Quote by Lefty99
To be honest, I don't think I will ever see it again. Whoever stole it probably pawned it under the table to avoid police suspicion. I had JUST bought some new pick ups for it too.

It's not so farfetched that you might get it back one day, perhaps even soon...Some assholes went into my local music shop, one distracted the owner and the other just walked out with a bunch of stuff, a few guitars and a couple mandolins I think. She (shop owner) was so upset, it was crazy, she doesn't get anything wholesale, so it was a big deal for her....well these pieces of **** tried selling them, but a kid that went to go check out these instruments knew that similar ones had been stolen from the shop. Well the guy called the cops, or something, and the shop owner got everything back, and so the whole town rejoiced and held a festival that lasted for weeks, revelry and merriment was had by all.
I'm thinking of fileing a police report. Is that difficult in anyway? Do you think insurrance would cover this?
Quote by alecoholic

Quote by Lefty99
I'm thinking of fileing a police report. Is that difficult in anyway? Do you think insurrance would cover this?

Did you have insurance? If you did, then you might be able to get a replacement. And I think you should file a police report ASAP, like right now.
Quote by vonfeldt7
Gibosn SG= Underrated.

And no, nothings ever been stolen from me.

Fixed
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Kulvin
A bunch of these dick head gnomes always steal my picks...

Man, I hate those pick gnomes! They seem to strike at the most unsuspecting moments as well. You could playing a gig, and suddenly one of those blasted gnomes has attacked without anyone ever seeing them.
Quote by david_highland
Did you have insurance? If you did, then you might be able to get a replacement. And I think you should file a police report ASAP, like right now.

Yes I do have insurance. I'm going to go the police tomorrow. We don't really have any video evidence, so there probably isn't much they can do.
Quote by alecoholic

Not really. Probably some picks, but I have millions so I don't keep tabs. I have a Silve Bowl for High Honor Roll filled with picks, and then 6 pick holders that were full.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
My dad's $2000 classical guitar got stolen. It was $2000 back in the 60s, it would be a lot more now! god damn
Apparently Lemmy Kilmeister of Motorhead stole his first rickenbacker 4001 bass out of a van at a show he was at .
Quote by alecoholic

No, but a couple years before I was born, some guys broke into my parents old house and stole everything including my sister's Christmas toys. (She was only a baby at the time.) The items stolen also included a Charvel guitar (hell, it may have been a Jackson, I'm not sure,) that my dad had for 9 days, and a nice amp (I'm thinking it was a Marshall or 5150... could be wrong though) that he had had for about 6 months.
Yeah a when I was younger someone robbed my house around christmas time. I can't imagine how heartbreaking it must have been for my mom. We all slept with her for months because we were so scared
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by Lefty99
Someone stole it from me while I was at football I think (probably in that time frame)

I talked to the school administrators, but they said there was nothing they could do.
I had saved forever too, I've had it for less than a year.

I use(d) it for my music theory/performance class. We have a "security force" but they're pretty damn useless.

The janitor probly let some kid in to that class and he probly took it and said it was his.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Steve Jones (sex pistols guitarist) stole a Custom Gibson LP at a david bowie concert, the band pretended to be roadies, and he just took it along with amps etc.

Edit: In fact, the only person in the sex pistols that didn't steal there equipment was the drummer paul, who saved up for his drumset.

Anyways, I've had countless picks taken, and 2 of my tuners, which really sucked because one of them was a nice one that I got for my b-day from my grandmother.
Chris Redfield Of The Resident Evil Club
Yeah, that lolwut pear is always stealing my picks.
One of these days I'm just going to eat him, stupid grin and all!
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Quote by Skippy_McNutty
The janitor probly let some kid in to that class and he probly took it and said it was his.

I don't think so, I go to a fairly small school, everyone knows it is mine. Then again everyone probably also knows its value . Easy way to make a quick buck.
Quote by alecoholic

Page 1 of 2