biohazardist
603 IQ
Who considers Mark Knophler a jazz guitarest? Some of his stuff seems to touch on the jazz, and that is how I started getting into jazz. By listening to my dads old Dire Straits Tapes LOL. But anyway, I'm not sure if anyone would really consider him a jazz guitar player, do you?
Quote by slidething31
Blues men don't wear band T shirts.
TheDev01dOne
Hard Time Killin' Floor
1,081 IQ
Yea he certainly has some jazzier explorations but he's not a jazz guitarist. He's great though.

Songs like Fade to black and private investigation seem to give a jazzy vibe IMO
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Yeah, I agree with the comments above.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
dr_john
yer blues
278 IQ
Mark has a lot of influences - rock, blues, jazz and even country at times. I wouldn't call him a jazz guitarist or any other genre really, he is just a great guitar player who likes to experiment with a lot of different styles.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
The National D
Led Zep is overrated.
273 IQ
Again, I don't think he's a jazz guitarist, but he has managed to absorb some jazzy influences into his playing. That, I think, is his strength. He's not a particulary adventurous or inventive player, but he has a knack for integrating different styles eloquently.
How may The National D help you waste your time?