nothing works...this edge 111 tremello will cause the first 2 strings to tune on my Xiphos, then you move on and tune the others, and then the first 2 strings are down like 3 steps ... what can i do ????? i keep on doin this until the tremello is like on a 90 degree angle...
i cant tighten the springs in the back because they are as deep as i can get them...can someone please help me???
u have to tune the strings in a specific order: 6 string, 1st string, 5th string,2nd string, 4th string,3rd string
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Quote by kazra90
u have to tune the strings in a specific order: 6 string, 1st string, 5th string,2nd string, 4th string,3rd string

dude...THANK YOU!!!
why a specific order though?
Quote by DragonFlame1990
dude...THANK YOU!!!

physics, get somebody to teach you it all
Quote by DragonFlame1990
dude...THANK YOU!!!

I didn't know about a certain order that it was suposed to be done in, but it's probably because of the floating bridge and spring tension and all that fun stuff that comes with those bridges.
Oh boy... Another "how do I tune my FR" thread!! It's not that difficult... First, loosen your springs. Cut a block of wood to hold your trem at 90 degrees and tighten your springs back down. Tune like normal, and then loosen the springs until you can get the block out. Adjust the springs as needed to get the strings back in tune.
Quote by aschaetter
Oh boy... Another "how do I tune my FR" thread!! It's not that difficult... First, loosen your springs. Cut a block of wood to hold your trem at 90 degrees and tighten your springs back down. Tune like normal, and then loosen the springs until you can get the block out. Adjust the springs as needed to get the strings back in tune.

lol, i thank you all for your help, and that makes sense....but i have been working with stuff without tremello...and i just kept on doing it the way i have always done it...i am sorry for the stupid question...but i still greatly appreciate your help
Quote by kazra90

No you don't, you just have to keep going over your tuning. The best way to do it is just low E to high E....the reason being is that the low E has the most effect on the other strings when you change its tension. The thinner strings will have less effect on them so try to get the lower strings right first, they'll still affect the low E and A but not as much so eventually they'll settlle down. By the time you reach the top E you'll find that as much as a semitone difference in tuning whill hardly affect the lower strings at all so it's a lot easier to get it right. However, tune the low E by a semitone and every other string will be miles out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com