My first post here in the Pit! Let's get started...

I work in a noisy office, where people talk loudly (and annoyingy) within a 5ft radius of me. Outside of the office is a huge depot in which trucks and conveyor belts can be heard all the time. I'm currently battling through the stress with my decent-but-ineffective Sony MDR-V300s, but I want something really surefire and of high quality.

So, I'm looking for a set of closed-ear headphones (not with special noise-cancelling tech) to block out all those sounds so that I can concentrate on my job, and listen to music in peace. I've heard of Sennheiser being a leading brand in top-quality headphones, but let's see if you fine people can recommend me a good pair?

Price is not too much of a problem, though I will not go over £100. I just want to shut myself away from the noise!
Do you REALLY want that? I mean, it's a real safety hazard if you think about it.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
Basically I work at a PC the whole time (data entry), and anyone's allowed to listen to music if they wish. I've been doing it all throughout my time there, but lately the noise has just gotten too much. They just talk and talk and talk so damn loudly, that I can't focus on my tasks (nor my music!) even through the puffy headphones I already have. And obviously, I'm not going to crank it up because I have tinnitus.

Hazard? Nah. If someone wants me, they just tap on my shoulder.
Get those massive retro headphones I'm pretty sure they block out most noise.
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
I know shure makes fantastic quality headphones, and they are in-the-ear type, so I'm pretty sure they block outside sound pretty well. Problem is they're ver yexpensive
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by DaFjory
Basically I work at a PC the whole time (data entry), and anyone's allowed to listen to music if they wish. I've been doing it all throughout my time there, but lately the noise has just gotten too much. They just talk and talk and talk so damn loudly, that I can't focus on my tasks (nor my music!) even through the puffy headphones I already have. And obviously, I'm not going to crank it up because I have tinnitus.

Hazard? Nah. If someone wants me, they just tap on my shoulder.

you wouldnt be allowed due to fire safety regulations but shure ecs are amazing..block out most noise not all tho.
I have this brand called Skullcandy. They're 50 doller headphones I got on sale at FYE for 10 bucks. They are like rubber that works like a plunger, it plugs your ears and you can hear like, nothing but the music, it's awesome.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
try skull candy ear phones. the ones that go in your ear. they are lined with rubber and dull out the sounds. the music quality is top notch
Neat suggestions guys, thanks. But I find the in-ear types to be extremely uncomfortable after a short while of wearing them (my ears are weird that way, I guess), hence why I'm looking specifically for the big-ass closed-ear types. Something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD280pro-Closed-Monitor-Headphone/dp/B000065BPB/ref=sr_1_22/203-6318342-5126335?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1189644273&sr=1-22

Has anyone had any experience with those cans, or similar? I don't care how dorky I might look, I'll do anything for some peace and quiet in that hellhole.
Get some mdr-ex51lp sony headphones , they're in-ear, have great bass, 40$, and have the rubber things that block out the other sounds.
Edit: never mind.
they look good. i got a pair like that when i got my squiere bass pack. ive never used them though.

have you tried asking your clients to not talk as loud?

or just get a huge stereo and blast it so everyone will leave. then put in some headphones and work in peace.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Eh, I would try asking them to stfu, but then I'd probably get eaten alive since it's such a dog-eat-dog environment. Plus, me as a white guy telling two black women to be quiet – I'd be booted out in a second. (And that's just fact; not me being racist.)

Sennheisers it is, then.
Yeah, get some in-ear headphones, those work best.
as for cranking it up, depending on how noisy it is in there, you will probably always hear the noise. If people talking loudly really distracts you, why don't you ask them to stop?
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
I like the Bose line of headphones. They're pretty expensive, but they have the best sound and keep out ambient noises pretty well. I'm not sure how much £100 is, but you can find closed-ear Bose headphones for around $130.00.
I've heard Bose is king of eliminating external noise. I listen to my music player in my lunch room, and it's loud as hell in there. I was somehow stuck with the freshmen, GRRR, so you know how loud they are. I turned my sound check off, and put it on full volume, and it's still pretty quiet. On the off chance you grab a set of those Bose headphones let me know how they work out. I might be interested in finding a pair for myself.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have