Pretty much what the title says. Which of these is a better buy? I play in a metalcore band so, I need something that is going to be able to give me good tone for that style. I have played the Gibson and, it was pretty good. I am going Saturday to try out the other one. Just wanting to know what was a better deal of the two.
What are the prices? Would they be the same as on Musician's Friend?
Gear
LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG7321
Bugera 1990
Peavey Penta 412
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Boss NS-2
Get an Epiphone V, and use the money you saved by not paying for "Gibson" on the headstock to upgrade the electronics.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
if you play metal and are onstage with a fadded gibson sg you will get booed if it is a metal crowd
I say the ESP.
Or just go with an Epiphone G400. Basically the same thing, only better paint job on Epiphone. Faded ones look like crap
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Well I got a viper-50 and play a lot of metal and it sounds great, so I think you should get the viper-400 cause I've played that one and it sounds awesome.
\m/ METAL! \m/
They prices are going to be probably the same as on Musicians Friend or cheaper. I was leaning toward the ESP cause, I have always wanted a white guitar and one with EMGs.
i got banned once by showing light to guys like this. gibson. listen to it. it actually sounds good. but go with whatever feels better
I never played the Viper but I really like its shape, and I have an SG. Really a nice modern twist on an old standard.
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
if you play metal and are onstage with a fadded gibson sg you will get booed if it is a metal crowd

Are you on crack?

Quote by mohawkkidJohn
IMO esp's viper body looks like a retard tried to cut a gibson v body out of a piece of wood.

Viper bodies look nothing like Vs...

I'd get the Viper though, comes with the EMGs, I didn't like the stock pickups in the Faded and replaced them with EMGs.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Are you on crack?

Viper bodies look nothing like Vs...

I'd get the Viper though, comes with the EMGs, I didn't like the stock pickups in the Faded and replaced them with EMGs.

i meant SG my bad.
epiphone g-400 then you'll have money left over for new pickups, much close to a real gibson than the faded sg
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah