hey guys im going to be getting a fender blues junior and i was wondering if i should get the 15 watt version or higher?
i will mostly be practicing in my room and just jamming with friends.

i read on a thread earlier today that the watts make up 3 times the sound from a tube amp as a solid state.

example: a 10watt tube amp would be as loud as a 30 watt solid state.

surely this isnt true?
yes it is.

15 watt tube should be enough to get over a drumset.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
yea i played it at GC today and almost cried wen i saw its only 400 new, so im having the guy call me if a used one comes in
the blues jr isnt a good bedroom amp.

at lower volumes, ull want a pedal in front of it.

and yes. tube amps are much louder than SS amps.

what type of music do you play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by nt1440
yea i played it at GC today and almost cried wen i saw its only 400 new, so im having the guy call me if a used one comes in

so you played this thing and had trouble believe it has up to 3x the power of a SS amp?

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
bluesy stuff, classic rock, stuff like that

and im getting a tube screamer in front of it ne way, sry i forgot to mention that
Quote by DefectedFromGod
so you played this thing and had trouble believe it has up to 3x the power of a SS amp?

i dont play loudly at GC usually, and also the amp was tucked away and too lazy to turn it up much more. but ur confirming its true?
yeah then ull be fine. ull be using the pedal in ur bedroom.

also check out a blues driver OD. i like it better than my ts9.

do you play in front of a full band?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Wattage is sorta confusing.

Let it suffice to say, a blues junior is definetly loud enough for band practice, and does a good job at smallish gigs if you dont need cleans.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Quote by jj1565
yeah then ull be fine. ull be using the pedal in ur bedroom.

also check out a blues driver OD. i like it better than my ts9.

do you play in front of a full band?

ooh i do rememberr playing one of those blues drivers, very good

and no band, im not really ready for that yet, i just jam with sum friends
Quote by nt1440
i dont play loudly at GC usually, and also the amp was tucked away and too lazy to turn it up much more. but ur confirming its true?

I'm guaranteeing

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Quote by nt1440
i read on a thread earlier today that the watts make up 3 times the sound from a tube amp as a solid state.

example: a 10watt tube amp would be as loud as a 30 watt solid state.

surely this isnt true?

Tube amps sound a lot louder than SS amps, but it's all very subjective, and has to do with the way your ear perceives sound, not in actual dB's. When I first logged onto UG a year ago, the word was that tube amps sound twice as loud as their SS counterparts. Now we're up to 3x. Whatever.

In my perception, it's more of a sliding scale. My 1/2 watt ZVex thru an efficient 2x10 sounds just as loud as an old 15W SS amp I have lying around. An Epi VJ thru the same cab competed effectively with a 30W Vox Valvetronix.

Once you get to biger amps (50W tube, 100W SS) the differences are less perceptible (to me!). They're all just loud.

That being said, my son has the Crate equivalent to the BJ, the V16 Palomino, and it's more than enough to keep up in a hard rock band practice with bass, drums, and another guitar. It's not clean, but it sounds great. It's actually louder than my Deluxe Reverb. I think it's time I gave that girl a tube change.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
It's great for bedroom practicing if you can have it quite loud, and it excels at jamming with the band etc.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah, it's sounds loads better if you can play loud, like both master and volume over 4.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by slatsmania
Tube amps sound a lot louder than SS amps, but it's all very subjective, and has to do with the way your ear perceives sound, not in actual dB's. When I first logged onto UG a year ago, the word was that tube amps sound twice as loud as their SS counterparts. Now we're up to 3x. Whatever.

In my perception, it's more of a sliding scale. My 1/2 watt ZVex thru an efficient 2x10 sounds just as loud as an old 15W SS amp I have lying around. An Epi VJ thru the same cab competed effectively with a 30W Vox Valvetronix.

Once you get to biger amps (50W tube, 100W SS) the differences are less perceptible (to me!). They're all just loud.

That being said, my son has the Crate equivalent to the BJ, the V16 Palomino, and it's more than enough to keep up in a hard rock band practice with bass, drums, and another guitar. It's not clean, but it sounds great. It's actually louder than my Deluxe Reverb. I think it's time I gave that girl a tube change.

+1.

and the first thing i heard it was 2.5x louder, not 3. i think 3 is pushing it honestly.
The blues Jr. is a loud amp, louder than most other 15 watt tubes I'd say, For people who say it isn't 3. I think it would compete with a 45 watt solid state easily. It's more about the specific amp though, not all tube amps as a whole.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Well it really depends, coz my Blues Jr's MUCH louder than my old 65 watt SS amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Blues Jr. and an overdrive pedal will be great threadstarter.

Might I also recommend the Pro Junior?
It's also a 15 watt like the Blues Junior but with a 10 inch speaker. Also it only has a volume and tone knob. But that's all you'd need, great tone and it should be fine for the bedroom and small jams. Also it costs less...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Pro-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480861

If you go to the guitar store again, check one out.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows