well i think i did. one day he just said we were in a band.

this day was yesterday.

and yesterday he was trying to learn that guitar and me (whoses been playing for all of 3 months) took that to mean when we get good enough at guitar..

but today he tells me that he quit the guitar and was going to sing...

i dont think he can sing a mothf*cking note...

but now he is tellin me what songs i have to learn and what style to play and when we are listening to a song on the radio he wont even let me sing along because he is "the singer and my voice ruins it" when i have a better voice that him!

any advice on what to do to preserve this friendship?
don't, he sounds like a douchebag
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
cut out his tongue, he sounds like a meanie
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
tell him it's not gonna work if he keeps bitching? and is it just you and him?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
kick him in the nads if he has any and walk away
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
Sounds like a gay band, singer + guitarist both male you guys could play Hey There Delilah! But seriously, he shouldn't be your friend because he is a douche.
Quote by batcounty
well i think i did. one day he just said we were in a band.

this day was yesterday.

and yesterday he was trying to learn that guitar and me (whoses been playing for all of 3 months) took that to mean when we get good enough at guitar..

but today he tells me that he quit the guitar and was going to sing...

i dont think he can sing a mothf*cking note...

but now he is tellin me what songs i have to learn and what style to play and when we are listening to a song on the radio he wont even let me sing along because he is "the singer and my voice ruins it" when i have a better voice that him!

any advice on what to do to preserve this friendship?

Tell him that if he has any problem with you singing, he better starts walking alone
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quit the band? If you've been playing for 3 months i advice you to learn a huge amounts of more before you even start a band sorry <.< And when you do, make you'r own band.
Only one day and you're already yelling at each other? Ya...THAT'LL work......
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
um personally he is a true singer. Most singers I've delt with are arrogant prigs. But, ultimately if you can't work together with him in the context of a band then it's not worth keeping him in the band. if he's a douchebag kick his ass out of the band.
im not saying i should sing and we wrent gunna even be a band because i was gunna wait to get better and get a bassist and drummer
He sounds like a dick, tell him straight up he can't sing worth a **** to take lessons or something
Most people think that once they have a few guitarists a guy who thinks he can sing and a bassist and a drummer. That you will all of a sudden be tallica jr. But seriously you should do what you said, learn more stuff. Then jam with a few guys from your school and eventually people will be begging you to join their band.
Quote by Retrobution
Most people think that once they have a few guitarists a guy who thinks he can sing and a bassist and a drummer. That you will all of a sudden be tallica jr. But seriously you should do what you said, learn more stuff. Then jam with a few guys from your school and eventually people will be begging you to join their band.

exactly
Band with no singer = Instrumental band

Singer with no band = ****ed

Tell him that and then tell him to stfu and sing when you tell him to.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
record one song...one him singing, the other you singing
let him hear it.

he sounds like one of those guys who thinks hes great and doesn't actually hear what he is singing when hes singing.
but play back a recording with him in a song and he should be able to get the idea....or so we all hope....

If he still things he's great, just have a judge that he would trust and make sure the judge really knows what good sounds like.......

best yet, put the song in the "Riffs and Recordings" form and have all the guys there lay it down for him....

BTW, nobody should start a band at just 3 months on an instrument....you have to get good first and I suggest playing for a solid year before doing any gigs...
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 13, 2007,
the thing is he wont even let me record a song because he doesnt want to sing it and hes trying to make me learn AFI which i wont
Quote by batcounty
the thing is he wont even let me record a song because he doesnt want to sing it and hes trying to make me learn AFI which i wont

Dont learn it i dont want any ripping songs by AFI.

This picture contains solutions to all your problems.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by batcounty

so hes telling to you to lean all these songs you you can do covers for them all and yet he being the "Singer" in this "Band" doesnt want to sing??????????

thats just crazy.

I say don't even go though learning others songs unless you are doing contest for them...start making your own songs, it's much more fun.
Impale his tongue with a few nails. Let's see how he sings after that that.

He doesn't really seem like a reliable friend. Beat that motherf*cker up.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
yeah idk im learnin my own stuff and he made a myspace for it and a gay logo

(the name of the band was my idea)

and im about to put up a random riff to have some music
Do a barrel roll.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Just tell him what you think. Is it really that hard?

yeah cuz this guy is a dick and will go out of his way to make my lif3e hell... and then i would have to beat the sh*t outta him but them he would bring friends and that doesnt end well