To what extent did the European settlements in the New World reflect the religious beliefs of the settlers?

is it just me or is the wording wierd in this sentence. can someone help me out with it?
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks
They had an extremely large effect. In the case of the Puritans, religion was the foundation of their entire society in America. Many other colonies were founded to escape religious persecution as well.
well that was why a decent amount settled here, religious freedom...
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
Lets not forget all of the Indians they murdered in cold blood in the name of their God
"Love truth, Pardon error."-Voltaire

My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Gibson Black Beauty
Schecter Avenger
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Marshal 1962 4X12 cab
Dunlop Jazz III's
^^of course i'm a dumbass. it's due tommorrow
Quote by ThroughtheHaze
Lets not forget all of the Indians they murdered in cold blood in the name of their God

of course! could never forget that fact
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
Quote by zep123
To what extent did the European settlements in the New World reflect the religious beliefs of the settlers?

is it just me or is the wording wierd in this sentence. can someone help me out with it?

It allowed them to pursue the their religious beliefs without persecution from the English government.

Well yeah, the wording of the question of strange.....

Basically the way they lived reflected their religious beliefs.
Puritans = worked all day, god fearing people
Baptists = same as puritans except they fully baptize people....

ect. ect.

Anyways, the colonies religion played a huge role in how the settlements were ran.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by zep123

A.) Your avatar = awesome

B.) Yes, the question could have been worded a little better.

Protestant groups, like the Quakers and the Puritans, settled in the New England colonies to practice away from persecution in Europe (especially England).

The Huguenots settled in present day New York, New Jersey and Charleston, South Carolina after being expelled from France.

The Jews were expelled from Spain around 1492, with many fleeing to the New World, and the Spanish settlers in North America forced Catholicism on the Native American groups.

So, to answer the question, it would be a fairly large extent, especially with the Puritans. They ran a near theocracy, routinely kicking people out of townships for various "sins". Providence, Rhode Island was founded by those kicked out of the Puritan-run settlements.
religion was the basis of society (ie- puritans) and governed work ethic, tradition, schooling, everything.

basically what it's asking is "how did religious influence manifest itself in the way settlements worked/existed?"... methinks :/
Quote by Metal-X
It allowed them to pursue the their religious beliefs without persecution from the English government.

Well yeah, the wording of the question of strange.....

Basically the way they lived reflected their religious beliefs.
Puritans = worked all day, god fearing people
Baptists = same as puritans except they fully baptize people....

ect. ect.

Anyways, the colonies religion played a huge role in how the settlements were ran.

ooohhh. thanks man. i can't believe i didn't get that.

thanks