does anyone know if the SH-8 invader and the SH-2n would sound good together. Is the invader any good? I'm looking to have a very high output pickup in the bridge, and a good clean sounding one in the neck. I play everything from indie to funk to metal. I already have a set of EMG's in a different guitar. I was looking for a good set of Seymour Duncans. I was also looking at the active Livewire Metal LW-HMET. Is that any good? and would i need another active pickup to go along with it?
any help is appreciated. thanks
Have you ever used an invader? You should REALLY play one before getting one because they have a very unique harmonically rich sound...i know a lot of people that hate them ..and a lot of people that like them
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
I would personally go with the SH-4/SH-2....it does metal and everything else under the sun
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
yeah, SG is right, you have to have great hand control to keep the string noise in check, which isn't neciserly a bad thing.

I have a pair of invaders in my Les Paul, and I like 'um, but you should try 'um first
"Love truth, Pardon error."-Voltaire

My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Gibson Black Beauty
Schecter Avenger
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Marshal 1962 4X12 cab
Dunlop Jazz III's
...yeah thats also another thing with the invader...they produce feedback like CRAZY....look up anything on youtube by avenged sevenfold or the blink 182 at sydney's big day out to hear them
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
Quote by SG6578
I would personally go with the SH-4/SH-2....it does metal and everything else under the sun

4, 5, or 14 for bridge and 2n or '59 (sh-1) for neck. any combination of these tends to be well-balanced, it all depends on tonal taste and each pickup can do most any style.
sh-8 is a love/hate pickup. as previously mentioned, it's very rich in harmonics. also, it's EXTREMELY articulate. you screw up, everyone will know. so make sure you're d@mn good before you install one.