What if i swapped my stock Mexi HSS strat bucker for a BK pickup (idk which, lookin for a PRS sounding pup) would it sound anything near the tone i would get outta a mahogany bodied guitar? would it have balls?
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
Strats don't have balls. They are 90% women, and 10% males who were castrated at birth. If you want balls, get yourself a Schecter
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
Completely disregarding the above responses (for reasons of pure silliness), the only way to get your Strat to sound like a mahogany bodied guitar is to buy a mahogany body (and yes they are readily available).

In regards to pickups, Bare Knuckles are not generic sounding pickups, are very expensive, and are generally used when you have found a tone that works for you and are trying to polish that tone to perfection. This being the case, The Mule (from Bare Knuckle) might be to your taste as it's voiced similar to a Gibson Burstbucker Pro, but higher output. Unfortunately the output difference may be a bit too harsh considering your stock single coils. If I were you I'd try and find a used PRS Dragon 2 pickup on ebay.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
Completely disregarding the above responses (for reasons of pure silliness), the only way to get your Strat to sound like a mahogany bodied guitar is to buy a mahogany body (and yes they are readily available).

In regards to pickups, Bare Knuckles are not generic sounding pickups, are very expensive, and are generally used when you have found a tone that works for you and are trying to polish that tone to perfection. This being the case, The Mule (from Bare Knuckle) might be to your taste as it's voiced similar to a Gibson Burstbucker Pro, but higher output. Unfortunately the output difference may be a bit too harsh considering your stock single coils. If I were you I'd try and find a used PRS Dragon 2 pickup on ebay.

Hey, I have a BK the Holydiver one, but what do you mean generic?
Is the PRS Dragon 2 a BK humbucker?
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

=>40 Watt RMS Yorkville Traynor YCV-40 valve amplifier

=>30 Watt Tech 21 NYC - Trademark 30 solid amplifier

=>Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby pedal
Quote by SdKfz
Hey, I have a BK the Holydiver one, but what do you mean generic?

Generic = not a lot of tonal difference from similar pickups by other manufacturers. May I reiterate:
Quote by Kendall
Bare Knuckles are NOT generic sounding pickups

Quote by SdKfz
Is the PRS Dragon 2 a BK humbucker?

The PRS Dragon 2 is a PRS humbucker.
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X
Strats don't have balls. They are 90% women, and 10% males who were castrated at birth. If you want balls, get yourself a Schecter

shut the **** up
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
ok, none of this stupid strat=ball less horse****.

Ok, so kendall, i want the ballsiest humbucker in my bright alder body, how should i do that (to complement my rectifier)
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
Quote by libskate44
shut the **** up

Agree, have you ever listened to Judas Priest's Live Vengeance 82' Metal Gods ?
Ask Glenn if Strats are good for metal.

Strats are damn great for metal with a good amp and in good hands
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

=>40 Watt RMS Yorkville Traynor YCV-40 valve amplifier

=>30 Watt Tech 21 NYC - Trademark 30 solid amplifier

=>Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby pedal
Quote by SdKfz
Agree, have you ever listened to Judas Priest's Live Vengeance 82' Metal Gods ?
Ask Glenn if Strats are good for metal.

Strats are damn great for metal with a good amp and in good hands

I find the pretty damn meh for death metal though.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
When you're talking about metal the wood the guitar is made of makes less difference than it would with lower gain stuff. Whack a decent humbucker in a strat and EQ your amp right and you'll have no problems doing metal.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
i would ask exactly what you've asked here on the bareknuckle forum, assuming you've decided on BKP's.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X
Good god, you fail.

If you can get a specifically overwarm pickup or pickup that is naturally overwarm when used in LPs, try it in your Strat's bridge.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Stick a Dimarzio Breed in the bridge - it's as much as you can do without swapping the body for mahogany. I take balls to equate to lower midrange thump, and that means a Breed...certainly Dimarzio don't make anything else with that kind of weight behind it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Dave_Mc
i would ask exactly what you've asked here on the bareknuckle forum, assuming you've decided on BKP's.

hey dave, guess you've stopped "Cheers"-ing?

yea, but i dont get half as much traffic there as i do here......ill try tho.
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
eh, you get less traffic but you get more people who know what they're talking about, at least as regards BKP's. and as regards lots of other stuff too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Rockstar12345
Ok, so kendall, i want the ballsiest humbucker in my bright alder body, how should i do that (to complement my rectifier)

"Ballsy" is a very subjective term.

The Warpig is a much higher output pickup than anything else from BK and seems to do it's best when primarily using the lower strings or when detuned. Very thick tone.

The Nailbomb is a bit more natural sounding and though it can still do metal, it really shines when you aren't pegging out the gain and MV knobs. Excellent harmonics, but a lot more mids than most metal player would be used to.

The Miracle Man is a step down in aggression from the Nailbomb, but has the best harmonics I've ever heard while being a very well rounded pickup.

The Mule is basically a very hot PAF clone. It will do metal with the best of them, but do to the PAF design it may lack a bit of the low end definition found in some of the other pickups.

I haven't tried the VHII or the Painkiller.
Quote by Kendall
"Ballsy" is a very subjective term.

The Warpig is a much higher output pickup than anything else from BK and seems to do it's best when primarily using the lower strings or when detuned. Very thick tone.

The Nailbomb is a bit more natural sounding and though it can still do metal, it really shines when you aren't pegging out the gain and MV knobs. Excellent harmonics, but a lot more mids than most metal player would be used to.

The Miracle Man is a step down in aggression from the Nailbomb, but has the best harmonics I've ever heard while being a very well rounded pickup.

The Mule is basically a very hot PAF clone. It will do metal with the best of them, but do to the PAF design it may lack a bit of the low end definition found in some of the other pickups.

I haven't tried the VHII or the Painkiller.

i read up and the MMs have ceramic magnets, which would definitley kill my clean sound. tru, or no
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
wouldn't help, that's for sure.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X

what about the wangcaster?
Quote by livrockdie
what about the wangcaster?

those just have a scrotum hanging out, nothing inside.
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.