i'm looking to buy a crate flexwave series amp. i've read reviews online, and such, and it seems to have everything i want in an amp.
only question: has anyone on here played a Crate FlexWave series amp?
if you have, all i want to know is if it has a wide variety of sounds.

how crystal is the clean channel?

likewise, how heavy is the hi gain channel?

i can't find them at any local music stores to test them for myself, so also: does anyone know of any chains of music stores that might carry these? i've checked ken stanton music down the road from me, and they don't have it.

help is greatly appreciated!
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
i played the half stack at guitar center, the tone was nice, the distortion was pretty good too. the built in tuner was definitly a plus. BUT i had one major problem with it, to get loud enough for gigging the volume had to be turned to like 9 or 10, most amps should max out at around 5 or 6. it just wasnt loud enough. it is solid state
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
...i know I sound like a jerk but...dude save up and buy a tube amp...you won't regret it
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
it's tone is decent, but the distorted sound is a little on the hollow side. still, not a bad amp for the price.
"Love truth, Pardon error."-Voltaire

My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Gibson Black Beauty
Schecter Avenger
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Marshal 1962 4X12 cab
Dunlop Jazz III's
I actually think it's decent for a solid state amp.

It doesn't cut through the mix from what I have seen live though.
It IS a quiet amp.
I prefer my Crown or Marshall gear.
I agree with SH6578, however, not in such a specific manner. I would just save for something better.
If your just messing around at home, haven't been playing that long, then its a good starter amp, but if your serious and every want to gig don't buy a SS amp.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
well, the only problem is, there's no way i'll have enough money until over a year from now to get a new amp. i don't have a whole lot of money, and i've looked at some tube combos recently. it seems like the only good tube amps are thousands of dollars.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
I have the crate flexwave 65, and I love it just for jamming in my basement. I'd have to agree that if you were playing in a band or in front of other people you'd have to go tube. But for around the house or just with a buddy or something it's great.
Cleans sound good, the overdrive is alright, and the high gain is cool if you use it often. Also it comes with the three way footswitch, which a lot of other amps dont.