I have been interested in them for a long while. I will probably get a MIM if I decide to. But what exact genres is it good for?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Keith Richards from the ROlling stones used one, im not sure what else though.
You can use it for most anything, you'll be surprised how often you see teles in almost every style.

I mean, I don't know much about them, but they can be used almost anywhere.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
So would a Fender MIM Tele be a good purchase for 399?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
What amp do you have?

But yes, Tele's are awesome, you can do anything from country to Rage Against the Machine with them.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by ebbbaaa
What amp do you have?

But yes, Tele's are awesome, you can do anything from country to Rage Against the Machine with them.

Vox AD30VT with a DF-7 Distortion Pedal.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot

Yes. Definately play the exact model you are planning on getting in the store though, Quality control is questionable down at the MIM factory.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob
Yes. Definately play the exact model you are planning on getting in the store though, Quality control is questionable down at the MIM factory.

Oh the Fender Telecaster Standard

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516035

It is MIM correct?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot

Yes. But, play the exact guitar you intend to buy, I didn't mean to say model.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
Yes. But, play the exact guitar you intend to buy, I didn't mean to say model.

Yeah I know that, cool thing is my shop will order the guitar you want if they don't have it and match the price of musicians friend if you ask. So they say. I really want an arctic white one!
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot
Yeah I know that, cool thing is my shop will order the guitar you want if they don't have it and match the price of musicians friend if you ask. So they say. I really want an arctic white one!

I want an arctic white one too! We're like twins!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by CORT noob
I want an arctic white one too! We're like twins!

Yeah! Butt sex?

anyways I'm off goodnight.

ps: Thanks for the help and all.
Quote by smirnoff_black
They're hott with two ts.
I want one, but I've never seen a lefty one ever. Also I spent a thousand dollars (australian) on an amp today, so I've spent enough.
Nice cleans, twangy overdrive. Low output, typically.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Funcoot

depends what 399 is.

Telecasters have a very twangy bridge pickup, and a nice deep resonant sounding neck pickup, very soulful sounding guitars.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
country, classic rock, hard rock, indie, twangy blues, and amalgams of those genres (e.g. country rock). the neck pickup would do jazz too, though if you only play jazz i'd prefer a neck humbucker and hollow/semi-hollow construction.

Basically, pretty versatile as long as you don't play br00talz metalz (i'm talking about the twin single coil version here)- though all those tones will sound "tele", if you know what i mean.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
jim root from slipknot uses a tele, but he has EMG humbuckers in his
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103

so it's not a proper tele in my book
Quote by seizetheday1103

Quote by Dave_Mc
country, classic rock, hard rock, indie, twangy blues, and amalgams of those genres (e.g. country rock). the neck pickup would do jazz too, though if you only play jazz i'd prefer a neck humbucker and hollow/semi-hollow construction.

Basically, pretty versatile as long as you don't play br00talz metalz (i'm talking about the twin single coil version here)- though all those tones will sound "tele", if you know what i mean.

clearer?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
clearer?

I think Jari from Wintersun has a stock tele. It has single coils, that's for sure.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by Slaiv
You asked for it...

Okay, maybe they're Finnish...

Yeah, and maybe they're not black metal. At all.

Anyways, to me the Telecaster is the most versatile guitar there is, and its sound has tonnes more character than that of a Strat, especially when you're ripping into a rock n' roll solo.
Quote by mr kipling
I think Jari from Wintersun has a stock tele. It has single coils, that's for sure.

never heard of them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
never heard of them.

Why's that funny? Well, if you wanna know them, just click the YouTube link above. They're not too bad. Meodic death metal/power metal hybrid.
i'll check the link. EDIT: ok, just did. problem is you don't know what they recorded with... i mean, a tele bridge pickup is actually pretty versatile and quite beefy sounding for a single coil. But i know i (personally) wouldn't want to play metal with one. It all depends on the tone you want, of course.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 14, 2007,
^Well, he's known to be a Tele fan, and he uses them live. In most recent pictures of him with a guitar, it will be either a Jackson (Dinky or Soloist, I think), an Ibanez (JEM, PGM or RG) or a Tele.
single coil tele? or humbucker?

nomatter, as I said, it depends what tone you're after. you certainly COULD play metal with even a single coil tele, if that's the tone you wanted, and you don't mind a little single coil noise. I just prefer a humbucker for anything much heavier than classic rock.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow, Thanks guys. You officially convinced me to get a Tele, I was hesitant at first. But now I cannot wait!
Quote by smirnoff_black