Does anyone else own this guitar? I got the black one and I absolutely love it. It replaced my Strat as my main guitar. Let's see, where do I start...

I like the stock pickups, they're actually very good for stock pickups. Of course the Japanese Craftsmanship is amazing. 24 large frets = perfect for getting great leads and playing more complex compositions. And of course the original Edge Trem, in my opinion the best floating trem there is; stays in tune like a dream.

Discuss, 20th owners!
Pics, or it didn't happen.

(just kidding)
I checked it out, its a dead sexy guitar. What color did you get it in?
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
Quote by Peeno
Pics, or it didn't happen.

(just kidding)
I checked it out, its a dead sexy guitar. What color did you get it in?

black, einstein.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
One of my friends got a 2002 RG550. He loves it very much, but whoever put in the new pickups (seymor duncans) ****ed it up. We had to resolder the pups but now it works great w/o buzzing and stuff.
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
Pics or you're gonna get reported and perma-banned!

*just kidding*
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
I'd love to get the yellow one, it looks so awesomely 80's. But I'm saving up for a new amp.
I couldn't bring myself to buy a black RG550. It seems like a waste of money seeing as they're the only ones not sold out, nor original looking.

Might as well get a 1570 Prestige for the price you're paying and get the middle single coil.

Unless you get a DY or RFR 550, they don't really cut it for me.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I have one. There simply great. A nice pro level guitar that I shall be keeping for a god long time.

Im starting to customise mines just now. I have got a few different tone/vol knob sets and im switching them about to see what colour combo's I like. Just now its Flouro Pink.

Does anyone have recommendations for new pickups? Im thinking either Dimarzio Evo's or Breeds. Anyone got advice about those pickups.

PSN ID: ArranP
Last edited by apmaman at Sep 14, 2007,
Quote by bodomfan666
black, einstein.

...Yeah, just noticed that he did in fact post the color. Sorry for the temporary retardation.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
I want a DY one. Someone buy me one.

I'll let you have a picture of one

PSN ID: ArranP
The mxx come with v1 and v2 pickups. Much better. (the reissues are actually hotter than the originals)

I have one and it rules. I love it. I have the superior 80s DY color however.
I plan to get an rfr one down the road
Quote by Ibanez20th
over that now.

I got mine new for 900. Used it will go for 1200 for a DY.

I see RFRs on eBay, new for about 700-800 dollars.
I have the DY and it's really nice. If I ever get the money though I would like and RFR as well, but by that time they will be completely sold out.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
I see RFRs on eBay, new for about 700-800 dollars.

odd well honestly I haven't looked in quite a bit but they were around 1200 last time I looked. Sure there wasn't just 5 days left on the auction.
or that they weren't old boxed up 550s and not the 20ths. Even the old ones have shot way up in price since the 20ths.