Ive come to a dilemma here and need some help.
I'm looking at either the PRS SE custom (grey/black with tremolo) or the Schecter C-1 plus (vintage sunburst).
I like both guitars and both have good reviews, but which would be the better overall buy?
By the way I have a $600 spending limit, and play mainly blues, Classic Rock, Rock and some other stuff similiar to that.
Thanks.
I recommend the Schecter. They have amazing quality and the neck joint is superior to that of the PRS, at least in my opinion. However, if you want a guitar with tremolo, go with the PRS, or get a different Schecter.
I prefer the PRS immensely. I've never been a fan of Schecter necks. Schecters are great guitars but imo the PRS beats it out in this case. The SE Custom has great stock pups which I find to be amazing in a Korean guitar at that price point. Since you'd want the trem on the SE thats a plus over the Schecter because it has none. But don't just listen to what me or other people here have to say. Go try them our if you can and see what you think. We can only do so much online.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Quote by OsirisProtocol
I prefer the PRS immensely. I've never been a fan of Schecter necks. Schecters are great guitars but imo the PRS beats it out in this case. The SE Custom has great stock pups which I find to be amazing in a Korean guitar at that price point. Since you'd want the trem on the SE thats a plus over the Schecter because it has none. But don't just listen to what me or other people here have to say. Go try them our if you can and see what you think. We can only do so much online.

Just to point out, Schecters are manufactured in Korea as well, and there are plenty of Schecter models that have tremolos.
Quote by HellRaiser620
Just to point out, Schecters are manufactured in Korea as well, and there are plenty of Schecter models that have tremolos.

To the best of my knowledge the Schecters at this price point aren't exactly the same tier as the C-1 Plus. Its a better model then the other in this range. and yes I know they are both Korean guitars. The SE is just better imo.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
I've played the PRS and a couple Schecters and I would go with the PRS. Its neck feels so sweet and IDK how to describe it it just wants to be played and the Schecter's necks are too thick for me. I'd say to try them because they are both really good and it'll cometo preference. That being said; PRS FTW!!!
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Thanks for the quick replies.
I am kinda favoring the PRS as I have played them before and loved them, wish I could afford a high end prs...
But the main things Im looking for is better pickups, better neck, ect.
And I can not try schecter out as no shop within 3 hours from my house carries schecter...
1982 Fender Bullet
2003 Epiphone SG
Quote by Gary1989
Thanks for the quick replies.
I am kinda favoring the PRS as I have played them before and loved them, wish I could afford a high end prs...
But the main things Im looking for is better pickups, better neck, ect.
And I can not try schecter out as no shop within 3 hours from my house carries schecter...

I hesitate to suggest this, as I loathe guitar center with a passion, but have you looked at any nearby guitar centers? They all carry Schecters these days, as far as I know. Where necks are concerned, I suppose the PRS neck is better, but I prefer the pickups Schecter uses to the ones PRS favors.