i want to do somthing with it..its my only guitar, and i already got new pick ups, but what are things i can do to make it better? i wanna get a new paint job but no idea where to go for that, please help!
what pickups did you put in it? emgs i hope =P
Quote by kirkisking
Were you like, physically abused as a child or something?

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
why dont chicks have tits on their back for slow dancing?
because sometimes, my friend, there can be too much of a good thing
As far as a paint job, i won't even go there.......
This really depends on how good of a Gibson you really have.
-You can replace the nut if it's not already up to snuff, with something like coren [sp?]. Make more of a difference than people think.
-Check to make sure you have Grover tuners or better
-Check to make sure proper wiring gauge is used, also check switch and pot quality.

But the biggest improvement in sound would be a better amp.

(you sound like the kinda of person who likes to upgrade for the sake of upgrading, there's an old saying, "don't fix it if it ain't broke")
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
well if new pickups is all yo uhave done with it, this sounds stupid but im going to say

PUT STRAPLOCKS ON IT.

i say this because, it is really cheap, really easy to do, and it has an oh so big benifet.

the thing cost like 15 bucks, and it keeps your strap on your guitar, ensuring it's safety from falling and becoming damaged. you cant put a price on that now can you?
you can paint it yourself if you have the right stuff, there's plenty of sites and stuff in the forum about it........ or i spose if ur into metal and so on you could get a variable gain booster and stick that in it.......... or you could get your frets scalloped so you can play more easily......... but i find that being able to play the instrument is the best thing and no amount of gadgetry will substitute for the joys of or contribute to your ability to shredd out savage licks!!!! ha ha
Quote by mrchow
well if new pickups is all yo uhave done with it, this sounds stupid but im going to say

PUT STRAPLOCKS ON IT.

i say this because, it is really cheap, really easy to do, and it has an oh so big benifet.

the thing cost like 15 bucks, and it keeps your strap on your guitar, ensuring it's safety from falling and becoming damaged. you cant put a price on that now can you?

yea.... if for some reason you haven't already, go to the store tomorrow and get them NOW.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.