Hi. I'm trying to write my first blues solo. Or, more accurately, my first blues solo that doesn't suck. I'm playing in the G minor pentatonic box around the third fret, venturing out a little bit here and there. But, I'm having a problem with it sounding... boring. I don't know what kind of chords I can add in and have it fit (I know, I'm not giving anything to show what it sounds like, so it's a hard question). I was wondering if anybody could tell me some neat chords to throw in that are kind of bluesy, and fit with that BB King and Albert King kind of style.

Thanks.
If you use a capo, play an A chord shape, remove what would be the A note on the G string, and add the G note on the E string for your C7 chord. That one sounds cool. For the E chord, (remember, if you use a capo, this will be G, but I'm saying E for the sake of shapes), add the 7th on the B string, which will be the D note.

So basically, it'll be like this:

e|-|3|-3--6---|
B|-|3|-6--5---|
G|-|3|-4--3---|
D|-|3|-5--5---|
A|-|3|-5--3---|
E|-|3|-3------|

The |3| stands for the capo (obviously), the E string with the 3 is your G chord, and the A string with the 3 is your C chord. Those two work great together.

Don't just play the minor scale, either. If you use chords like __7, you can use the major scale too, and going between the two sounds great.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
The only thing that separates a well written blues solo and a poor written one is phrasing. In other words, don't just go up and down the blues scale. Syncopation! Paul Gilbert can show a nice way of coming up with rhythms.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GOPMTtPYe78

Hope that helps.
Try these following bends:

b3rd => 4th (#A to C here) for a while.
b3rd=> #4th (#A to #C here) for a whole measure will fit.\
root=>2nd (G to A here) is nice for beginning a measure.

If you have a tremolo you can try to make this:
play the b3rd (#A here) and the gradually unbend the note half a step so that your note sounds like a 2nd (A here). Then return to the root (G here) with a vibrato.

You can also try some pinch-harmonics or slides

Feel free to PM me
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

=>40 Watt RMS Yorkville Traynor YCV-40 valve amplifier

=>30 Watt Tech 21 NYC - Trademark 30 solid amplifier

=>Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby pedal
Quote by schmidty3000
Hi. I'm trying to write my first blues solo. Or, more accurately, my first blues solo that doesn't suck. I'm playing in the G minor pentatonic box around the third fret, venturing out a little bit here and there. But, I'm having a problem with it sounding... boring. I don't know what kind of chords I can add in and have it fit (I know, I'm not giving anything to show what it sounds like, so it's a hard question). I was wondering if anybody could tell me some neat chords to throw in that are kind of bluesy, and fit with that BB King and Albert King kind of style.

Thanks.

Add some double stops, add some out-of-scale notes (mixolydian!), add some 9 and 7#9 chords, chromatics.
I could help you more if you told me chord progression under that.

E--3--3
B--3--4
G--3--3
D--2--2
A--3--3
E--x--x

C9 and C7#9 chords.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.