Has this ever been done? My band is a "Power Trio" meaning we have a bassist, drummer, and me, who plays guitar and sings. But I don't really like singing, I much prefer rapping, sort of Red Hot Chili Peppers-ish. I'm having trouble playing songs like Give It Away and rapping in the verses at the same time. It's also very difficult for me since our band is predominantly a Funk band, which focuses so much on the rhythm, as does rapping. Are there any tips on this?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
^It's sort of different than singing...
for what youre saying... i would think of getting a vocalist... cause you dont seem really into singing.... with that of your shoulders you might even do better music....
the concepts the same.

Doing two things at once, one with your hands and one with your mouth.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
It could be difficult because rapping isn't exactly following the music rhythm...
And you can't make that cool hand movements !
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by Metallica rulz
hard to keep the beat of a rapper while staying on beat with your. plus you cant make the awesome hand movments.. give it away give it awwway give it awayyy now.

You could just give + 1 to me.

But to TS, try and if you find it too hard give up, you got nothing to lose

Gotta gotta gotta give it to your...
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
http://myspace.com/neverberegal

Check out "funk for your life" for some of yours truly rickity-rockin the mic in the first verse.

Just play it slowly, and see where certain parts sync up. Try and see how the guitar part and your vocal part are going to weave and bounce off each other.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
You are in need of a singer.
"The end result - the music - is all that counts"
^ or if youre a great singer get another guitarist?
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
My cousin did a cover of Tupac's "Changes" while rapping and playing his acoustic guitar at the same time. I figure that it will just take a lot of effort to get it down at the start, but once you get used to it it should be a breeze (because you'll be used to it).
there are some kottonmouth kings songs where there is guitar and rapping though i dont know if who is playing the guitar they might not be singing. Positive Vibes comes to mind i cant think of any other off the top of my head though there are more
Thanks for all the replies guys!