It could be just me, who else really hate wounded g string? I always stay at 011 cause thats the thickest set available with unwounded g string. You cant really bend as much as unwounded ones, that is plain annoying. Its not the tension, its the max pitch you could increase by bending. Any idea how to get use to them? It just not right argh.
lol i thought he was talking about bleeding strings lol. "wounded"

i like unwound G-strings. i do think they're easier to bend.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I play 10-52s on my electrics, so I don't have that problem there. But I use 13s on my acoustics and the more wound strings you have the better, they just sound so full on acoustics and jump out at you. But maybe that's just me.
I always use the lightest gauge possible strings I can find and use the lightest picks I can find. It plays better and allows me to play faster.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
To me the problem with them (on a set of 10s) is that the metal core of the string is too weedy so it'll snap at the drop of a hat. Haven't tried 11s with a wound G, but I can't see me trying in any near future, since I prefer the feel of unwound strings on the treble side, and again, with the thin core it will have a hard time cutting through, meaning it gets drowned out when sounding simultaneously with other strings.
ernie ball "not even slinky" start with a .12 and have a plain/unwound(ed) g string. its a .24 and its like a biatch to bend but its unwound(ed)...
I recently got my first set of Rotosound .13's and I hate em. They have a wound G and it, along with the rest of the wound strings, sounds so dull already. Never gonna get a set with a wound G again
i don't notice any difference.. if anything the wound G should be easier to bend since the core string is much thinner than an unwound G.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
i don't notice any difference.. if anything the wound G should be easier to bend since the core string is much thinner than an unwound G.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
for rhythm guitar, i'd honestly prefer a wound G.

Not for lead though. I also prefer to have a wound G on acoustics.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
theyre only good for chording I find.
theyre pretty impossible to bend a full step or more, especailly when you need to play fast

they sounds so good in chords though!
replaced mine with a normal G a day after
Quote by iplayguitar88
I always stay at 011 cause thats the thickest set available with unwounded g string

um...wrongo. dadarrio has 12-54 unwound g. ernie ball beefys and not evens are unwound as well i think.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD