Looking at the pros of each. The head im using is the JVM. Any input by owners of this cab is welcomed.

Now we know that 1 is not better than the other but rather each has its own strengths! Being that they both have Vintage 30's, which cab does what best?
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
the vader 4x12 trounces both of them. it comes with legends but theyll load any speaker you like in there.
Yea vader is a good choice. I have the 4x12 with a mesa mark iv head and i absolutly love it. Before I had the head i ran my combo through it and it seemed a little warm and deep for my personal taste and i couldnt fix it with my combo. But when i go the head i could dial in the tone i wanted.
Hey how does the Mesa Boogie Mark IV sound through the Vader 4x12, I've been thinking getting that kind of setup, I want it to sound heavy and get a lot of bottom end but stay very tight and clear. Since Vader cabs I hear are good how do you compare them to the Mesa Traditional cabs which are tight as well, so what will be a better choice for a Mark IV a Vader cab or Mesa Traditional cab?
Honestly, I think Mark IV's sound the absolute best when you run them through a 1x12" Thiele cab loaded with an EVM12L..

sadly those are hard to find, and vintage EVM12L's are super pricey...

After that, I'd honestly go for a 2x12, ported or closed back. You can crank it and put out less volume, with more saturation, while still being ridiculously loud. Oh, and 2x12's are a hell of a lot tighter than 4x12's, so if you really are worrying about volume, dual 2x12's are (at least in my opinion) the way to go.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
the vader cab sounds better than both of them to me. once youve played one and try to go back to a standard marshall or mesa setup you realise the really annoying nasal anemic quality present in the marshalls and the murky and grainy quality of the mesa cabs. with the vaders everything sounds much clearer and balanced and it has that HUGE quality that people love about boogie cabs without the muddiness. coupled with the fact that they retail for about 200-300 less than the aformentioned cabs, i see no reason to use a marshall or mesa cab.
The vader sounds great with a mark iv head. I'm very satisfied with it. Im from ontario and the vader costed me 800 and i was looking at a mesa stilletto 4x12 cab and that was 1500. Theres no way that the mesa cab was worth double the vader cab. I think they are pretty equal in quality wise but i never got to play both cabs side by side.
As no one else seems to be able to answer his question...

I'd go for the Marshall as:

A) It's cheaper
B) The Mesa cabs have been known to have really flabby low end. Something to do with the construction.

EDIT:

C) I've only played the Marshall.. Therefore it MUST be awesome

If that came across as rude or big-headed I apologize cos I haven't been able to sleep and it's 4:30 :/
Last edited by Untitled001 at Sep 14, 2007,
Quote by Untitled001
As no one else seems to be able to answer his question...

I'd go for the Marshall as:

A) It's cheaper
B) The Mesa cabs have been known to have really flabby low end. Something to do with the construction.

I don't think that's necessarily the cabs, the recto amps are the ones with the reputation for having a loose bottom. I've used my Mesa, OS even, with a Cobra and Mark IV, and still got a nice tight punchy lowend.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I don't think that's necessarily the cabs, the recto amps are the ones with the reputation for having a loose bottom. I've used my Mesa, OS even, with a Cobra and Mark IV, and still got a nice tight punchy lowend.

Really.. I always heard that the cabs weere a little flabby too..

Oh well I'm giving out advice on generalization I hear as I've only played the marshall
Any OWNERS of these Two cab have an opinion??
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Erock503

Correct. Usually Mesa cabs get bashed for a slightly flabby low end, but that is only because they are often paired with Rectos that are producing the loose low end. I don't think it is the cab.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.