I'm a pianist/guitarist/vocalist/bassist and I have just this week reached my savings goal for the year. Therefore I'll have a bit of free cash over the next month or so to invest in more gear. I have narrowed it down to exactly four (4) options listed below. The current gear stands as:

Guitars:
Dot On Shaft "Gothos" with BKP Nailbombs and a Kaoss Pad onboard (main guitar)
Les Paul Vintage Mahogany (stock)

Amp:
Soldano Decatone (the literal definition of "awesome")
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 cabinet ("bigger" than most 4x12's, take that as you will)

Pedalboard:
Little Lehle Switcher/Looper (basically to turn the Kaoss Pad on or off)
Kaoss Pad KP2 unit (in the loop of the Lehle)
Korg tuner (the black pedal one)
Decatrol (footswitch for the amp)
Custom 2 button box (momentary switches for "Hold" and "Tap" buttons on the KP2)
Custom 8 button box (momentary switches for the program changes on the KP2)

Cables:
All instrument cables are Mogami Platinum
RCA cables for Kaoss Pad are THX certified Monster Cables
1/4" to RCA adapters are I.C.E. Accessories
Speaker cable is some random cable I found (it sounds fantastic by the way)

Piano:
Kawaii acoustic console piano

With the gear situation as it stands I don't need some random idiot mindlessly telling me to buy a 5150. I'm just looking for opinions (and corresponding logic) on the "why" or "why not" associated with the following options. My options are as follows:

Option number 1:
88 key Korg Triton digital piano (probably a used Extreme or a new Le)
Traynor K2 keyboard amp/powered monitor (Traynor is very highly underrated)

Option number 2:
Traynor YCS100H as a backup amp (need a three channel so no 5150's)
Another DoS Gothos as a backup guitar (the LP sounds WAY different)
ZVex Fuzz Probe (because I like very silly effects)

Option number 3:
Used Warwick double buck Corvette (often half price compared to new)
David Eden Subcompact head (crisp, punchy, and half the size of a Tiny Terror)
Avatar 2x10 bass cab in red (their bass cabs are far better than their guitar cabs)

Option number 4:
Start buying PA equipment

Useful input is appreciated. Insightful input is thanked. Stupid input is frowned upon.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Last edited by Kendall at Sep 14, 2007,
whats a dos gothos guitar?
i googled it but nothing came up
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
i'd have thought that with that level of awesome gear that you know more than about 99% of anyone in here...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
PA gear mate, might aswell get yourself covered for all weathers.

Can I be so bold as to ask for a picture of your main guitar too, it sounds awesome.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i agree with the p.a. it seems it's the only thing you dont have lol
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by samtewari
whats a dos gothos guitar?

Dot On Shaft is a small Canadian guitar company that outsources everything to a few quality builders in Asia. As far as "performance per dollar" they're extremely hard to beat. They have some remarkably attractive and well appointed guitars for very affordable prices, and the quality is better than anything I've seen within the appropriate price brackets.

http://www.dotonshaft.com/product-details.cfm?id=1514

Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd have thought that with that level of awesome gear that you know more than about 99% of anyone in here...

I'm not going to disagree with that statement. However I'm looking more for the logic associated with the four presented options, as opposed to the ever so common "is this good or not" questions/answers that plague this forum.

Quote by Kurapica
Can I be so bold as to ask for a picture of your main guitar too, it sounds awesome.

Very soon I'll post some pictures. The guitar sounds fantastic but visually is very much in need of a bit more attitude...therefore I'll be painting it bright orange at some point over the next week or so.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
I'm not going to disagree with that statement. However I'm looking more for the logic associated with the four presented options, as opposed to the ever so common "is this good or not" questions/answers that plague this forum.

yeah. I have no idea, to be honest. I just think you should be wary of some of the advice you get on this forum, especially with complicated questions, like yours are. Some of the guys who have posted already are generally pretty reliable, though.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you say your a singer... but you dont list a mic or pa... so logically id get that... and then see where you are money wise afterwards
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Well I am certainly not qualified to advise you. I clicked on the DOS guitar link. Very interesting. The circus tent/medicine show sales descriptions were quite entertaining. I did see a couple of guitars I may be interested in. Had never heard of that company until now.