so heres the deal
if i decide i want a guitar for metal thats got a fixed bridge for under 1000 AU what guitars should i look at? my band does some pretty fast riffing and stuff so i want something with a fast neck and bright pickups.
help appreciated.
ibanez sounds like it would fit your bill but most have a trem.

look at washburn. If your okay with more out-there shapes, B.C.Rich have nice fast necks and so do dean.

agile are cheap and good, but im not sure if you get them in australia.

Look at ESP eclipses though. Very metal guitars and very beautiful too. and if your looking at esp and see a model you like, try find an edwards reseller. Same guitars, similiar quality, same company, much cheaper

and holy ****, the sound quality of your recordings on youtube are ****....OMG, its ear-piercing...no offence meant though, I'm sure you sound good, but man cell-phones are not meant to record metal.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Last edited by DagMX at Sep 14, 2007,
holy ****, the sound quality of your recordings on youtube are ****....OMG, its ear-piercing...
thats what i get for letting my dad record our performance with a stone age camera lol
try the LTD les paul copy, i dont know the exact model number.

EDIT: or a LTD viper-400 i think it is.
Have a look at the LTD EC-200QM or LTD MH-250NT.

If you wanna have a look at what ESP have to offer look at this site http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/esp/index.htm
Their prices are usually what you would expect to pay for a guitar anywhere in Australia.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
ESP v-500. or was it a v-300. I forgot which one had a fixed bridge. Awesomely awesome metal guitar. I tried it once, it would have been my next guitar if not for the fixed bridge.
the V-500 is something like 1700 Australian. You coudl always try the V-250 (Or was it V-200?)
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
The JS30 Jacksons are all pretty good, just pick a shape you like and it'll be the same price, about $600. Try one out though, I've found it suits me but it doesnt suit a few of my mates.

Otherwise for a little more are the tasty Ibanez RGs for probably $800-1000
Ibanez RG321.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Ibanez RG321.

+2
Should be a little below your budget, so you could use the remainder of it to swap the pickups to some DiMarzios or something.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by samlocke14
thats what i get for letting my dad record our performance with a stone age camera lol

your band sounds like i killed the prom queen... DEATHCOREEEEEEEEEEEE - die die die.

and the answere to your question is the schecter hellraiser or look into ESP.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
i think an ibanez rga121 would be good for that. not so much bright pickups, but quite bright tonewoods (yes, i'm aware it's mahogany... try one if you don't believe me).

I'm not too well up on aussie prices though, that could be way over budget...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by samlocke14
can u give me a specific model number?

RGA121 is a really good fixed bridge guitar. The Gibralter Plus is built like a rock and feels really great for palm muting.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
maybe jackson RR5 or ibanez RGA121 would be good. not sure about aus currency or prices though, so might be off your price range
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
Jackson DK2T, ESP/LTD Viper or Eclipse 400, and the Schecter C-1 Series are all solid choices. I think the ESP/LTDs have better hardware, but the Jackson is built better then both the ESP/LTDs and the Schecters. Schecters have flashier looks then the others. all depends on preference.
if you're willing to ship from germany, thomann has pretty decent prices (for europe) on LTD's...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'm pretty sure the ibanez SZ series are all fixed bridges.

otherwise you could check out the Schecter line. a lot of them are fixed brdige stuff.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
The new LTD 260 Explorer?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by sanderd
I'm currently looking for the LTD MH-400NT. (actually, I'm looking for a shop selling this... At a reasonable price... In BELGIUM +o()

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mhnt.html

Living in Belgium myself, I advise you to buy whatever guitar you're going to buy from Thomann or Musikstore.

You're going to get ripped off no matter where you buy it in Belgium.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
The ESP MHNT-400 is a very nice guitar. I'd go with that (or any ESP really). Deans are pretty nice too, check some out. I'm not really a big fan of Ibanez, so don't trust my opnion about them.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: