hey guys my mum randomly picked me up one of these for cheap on ebay because she liked it and i wanted to know a little about it. So yeah what can you tell me?
My Rig...

Guitars:
2003 Ovation Collectors Series
Custom U.S.A. Parts Strat
Gibson SG Faded Special

Amps:
Crate V50 112
Fender Sidekick Reverb 65

Fx:
Boss CH-1
Boss CS-3
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Original Crybaby
pics?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
BC Rich mainly do meanlooking metal guitars which imo don't sound very good so I don't think they could do a strat better... does it have any model name or anything?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
uh none yet will take when it gets here....i was told it needs a nut and truss rod and it looks like it possibly needs new pickups since it only haas one but i'd be replacing those anyways so its no big deal. but yeah it was like $50 so w/e if if sucks no big deal it was just a random kind jesture lol
My Rig...

Guitars:
Gibson SG Faded Special

Amps:
Crate V50 112

Fx:
Boss CH-1
Boss CS-3
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Original Crybaby
Quote by backtothe70s
BC Rich mainly do meanlooking metal guitars which imo don't sound very good so I don't think they could do a strat better... does it have any model name or anything?

This is a typical example of someone who knows nothing about BC Rich :P.

BC Rich gets its current reputation from a company that they licenced production out to in the late 80s/early 90s. Before that they had an excellent reputation, and made guitars for some of the best in the business, such as Tony MacAlpine (who plays alongside Satch and Vai, amongst others). Post up a pic or two and I'll try and help you work out what it is, I know a little bit about them having researched mine to death already!

EDIT: Sorry, that came out a little harsher than I meant...

EDIT2: If it was from ebay, do you have the page link for it?
Last edited by Crimson_tornado at Sep 14, 2007,
perhaps the older models but you can't say the new ones sound good? Atleast not the "average" BC Rich, only the more expensive ones...?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
True, tbh I haven't played a new one
Just gets on my nerves a bit when people class all BC Richs as crap, when they really aren't! Yes, you can guess I own one lmao. Tbh though I don't know when they stopped doing start shape guitars, but I don't think it was that recent. A NJ one is likely to be better quality as well.
thanks bud but lol i still dont know what to expect...
My Rig...

Guitars:
Gibson SG Faded Special

Amps:
Crate V50 112

Fx:
Boss CH-1
Boss CS-3
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Original Crybaby
ok... i got pics their not good but you can see

My Rig...

Guitars:
Gibson SG Faded Special

Amps:
Crate V50 112

Fx:
Boss CH-1
Boss CS-3
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Original Crybaby
Wow that's messed up haha.

You can't argue for $50 though

Oh, quick BC Rich lesson for the uninitiated:

80's BC Rich's = good
2006ish onwards BC Rich's (NJ upwards) = good
Inbetween = hit or miss miss miss
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
yea my BC Rich warlock bass is ****in awsome and plays well.so i totally agree if you get some stuff for it the guitar will be real nice
for the price they're decent
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
the NJ series BC rich strats were entry-level overseas models, they are made of plywood and generally arent awesome. good to start out on it though. ive had 2 of these and played a few at local pawnshops.
Aha they loaded now... a paint job is definately in order!! But still, for $50, you can't complain lol.
hah i kindah like the trashed look of it...but i may repaint it. it looks like its missing a pickup...so i'll prolly buy a set of duncans if thats the case i'll post pics when i'm done with it =) that'll prolly be a while though
My Rig...

Guitars:
Gibson SG Faded Special

Amps:
Crate V50 112

Fx:
Boss CH-1
Boss CS-3
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Original Crybaby
i'll probly get flamed for this but whatever...
i think the finish looks alright. yeno, its sort of unique i guess!

You could also leave it with a single pickup?
Top lel.
I see a lot of this type of distressed finishes lately. It's an easy way to hide a lot of chips and wear on a guitar and you don't have to be an expert to get a decent result. I still don't know if I like it or not. For $50.00 you can't complain and really you got it for free. I think it's great your Mom even thought of buying you a guitar. I don't agree with a lot of the BC Rich bad rap. I have had several and I own three and all sound good to me. I have no problem buying BC Rich guitars even the low end ones usually with a few bucks they can be upgraded. There are guitars manufacturers I don't like that people think are the best but I wouldn't own one if it was given to me. If you get a chance post some better pics.
I've got a limited edition (colour) B.C Rich N.J V which is almost half a decade old now.

Plays like a dream and I wouldn't argue with the distorted sound or clean sound. I would certainly say that the guitar is very dynamic whilst peaking in all genres as an all rounder guitar.

Would love to play your strat though, can we be friends

I'm jelous
repaint that and it'll be decent. i was pretty impressed when i picked up a bc rich NJ mockingbird
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
It seems that BC Rich's reputation is improving again.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
T-Mac's BC Rich is sooo sick!
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by PerpetualBurn
T-Mac's BC Rich is sooo sick!

I have one thats supposed to have been owned by him
I have what was once a NJ Strat. I have replaced the pups with Ultrasonics. HSS with a coil tap. Being able to turn on and off each pup independently and having a coil tap helps this guitar achieve more sounds than any strat or LP. I have changed all of the electronics with the exception of the pup's on/off switches. I changed the bridge to an Ibanez FR, so the neck and body are the only remaining BC Rich parts, and I have no complaints about either...
That looks like an 80's-era Gunslinger to me, other than the fact that the bridge pickup isn't slanted.
Do you have a serial number? It should be on either the neck oplate or on a sticker on the back of the headstock.