HI,
Does anyone know any good classical guitar songs?
Last edited by Guitar_Boi_93 at Sep 14, 2007,
Well, at what level? For what purpose? Of the top of my head I can tell you the usual beginner studies being The Sor Studies, the Carulli Studies, The Carcassi Studies, Giuliani Studies... For more beautiful pieces well you have Lagrima by Tarrega. For a stereotype every one seems to be learning nowadays Bourée by Bach. There are also beginner studies by a Cuban guitarist called Brouwer that should do it. Errr... I can't think of many more. The rest gets into more technical stuff.
dee, cavatina, classical gas, greensleves, air on g..............theres a whole bunch. search classical composers and look at the sticky in this section, it lists lots of songs and difficulty
Asturias - Isaac Albeniz sounds kickass. Cavatina is also nice. I'm not a big fan of classical gas.
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
Quote by Perpetual Burn
Asturias - Isaac Albeniz sounds kickass. Cavatina is also nice. I'm not a big fan of classical gas.

Please dont learn Asturias untill you have learned heaps of other stuff first... I cant stand all these people posting clips of the butchering it because they do not how to interpret the music, they just know how to play the notes on the paper....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by sheumack111
Please dont learn Asturias untill you have learned heaps of other stuff first... I cant stand all these people posting clips of the butchering it because they do not how to interpret the music, they just know how to play the notes on the paper....

I think it's a bit cruel to tell someone not to learn something just because you don't like hearing it played badly. A fairer point is that the TS might enjoy learning it more when they've developed as a musician a bit, certainly true for pieces with really 'out there' harmony (which I wouldn't say Asturias does).

Rodrigo's En Los Trigales is good, and Lauro's Venezualan waltzes
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Suiten fur violoncello no 4 (the guitar arrangement of course)