Well, it's not here yet but next monday or tuesday. Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 combo for 400€, which IMO is a great deal. New ones cost around 900€ here, that is if you can find any. 60W might be a bit too much for home use, but I don't care.

I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Nah you'll be fine man, who gives a crap? its your amp, turn it the hell up!
Diezel, Motherfucker
Great amp, I've got an older one myself
Is it one of the ones with DSP? 2x12 Cab? All-valve? They do a half valve one now
I don't really know. All I saw was the price, and had to go for it. Half valve?
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
It'll be the full valve one. The hybrids come in 50 watts not 40 or 60.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
400 euros is a pretty good deal, i'm sure you'll have fun with it
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well, it here. And I think there's something wrong with it. Yeehaw. This is like a hard rock / metal amp, eh? The gain channel gets about as heavy as my Blues Junior. Everything set about halfway (including both Master volumes) and it's not even loud. My BJ is! The VU meter doesn't move at all. When I plug in the footswitch I can't change channels. What's wrong with you?!

Oh and by the way, this is an old model without the DSP and it has chrome knobs like the 180W head.
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
That thing should be downright deafening with the master volume even on 1/4

Make sure that the channel selector switches on the amp panel are both out, that may be the footswitch issue...also it goes without saying to double check that the footswitch is in the correct socket

Make sure the channel volumes are fairly high, I just have them both pretty much full save for tweaking them to balance the two channels, you can use the master volume to set the overall level. Also, you have switchable master volumes so only one of them does anything at any one time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
How do I check the valves?

I tried the footswitch in both sockets, the only thing it does is jam it on Channel 2 with the boost on (there's no switch for the boost on the amp, just the red light).
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
^ Just make sure they all light up, it might not be them but if it's very quiet then I'd advise changing your poweramp valves.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Power tubes light up and get hot, and I htink all the preamp tubes light up as well. It's kinda hard to see back there 'cause the VU Meters light is right next to them. The speaker impedance switch should be on 8 omhs, right? It's a 2x12.
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
Well that sound just like old valves. I have played one of those and they have quite some gain and shoudl definetly be louder.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
They might light up, but they could still be dead, my pre-amp tubes did that to me. Can you open it up and get a closer look? Look for any tubes that aren't as bright as the rest, or maybe are different in colour. Just don't go touching anything at random

Can you contact the person you bought it from, and check how long since they were replaced perhaps?
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
He said it was 2,5 months old, but it could have been in a store for years for everyone to try. So I should just get new preamp tubes?
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
Ok. It came with Electro-Harmonix's, so should I just go with them or try JJ's or something? Damn those EL34s are big

Edit: Nevermind, I ordered the EHs. I hope it's just old tubes. The VU meter is alive! Turned it loud enough and the needle moved just slightly..
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
Last edited by Chips- at Sep 19, 2007,
New tubes came today, and no they didn't help. F*CK! By the way, the gain knob on channel 2 doesn't work. Sounds the same with the gain on zero and full. I hate the tinny sound it makes! My Valvetronix sounds tons better than this.
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
maybe you should have tried it out before you bought it...
take it to a guitar person and he can check it out, because normally it is an awesome amp
I have read that many have had some reliability issues with Ashdown FA. I'm on the edge of ordering one for myself also, but topics like this definetely create some hesitation moments for me.
Well, I contacted the seller and he said it was fine when he had it, so it must have broken on the way here. It came on a bus with just some plastic wrapping, so the bumps and whatnot could have damaged it somehow. Good thing is that he works in the store he bought it from and the warranty is still valid so all I have to is send it back and he will fix it for free.
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28