Im after a new amp. atm I have a randall rg100es which I have set up for a dirty chainsaw kind of distortion (think pantera) but I want a head that can sound similar to bands like machine head, bfmv, lamb of god, in flames, etc and I was going to get a peavey 6505, but they are very expensive over here. so ive been looking at cheaper alternatives, and found good reviews for both the randall RH150G3 and the RH50T. anyone had any experience with either of these? i know the G3 is solid state, and the RH50T is tube, but which would be better for the kinds of band tones i mentioned? i would presume the tube head would be better, but it is kind of cheap so im not sure, any advice and which would be best to go for?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
The Peavey 5150 is a cheaper alternative
Not had any experience of the Randalls, but if you're after a cheap valve amp that's pretty good for metal, look at the Ashdown Fallen Angel. The best idea is to try them both out, preferably with your own guitar.
Quote by Crimson_tornado
The Peavey 5150 is a cheaper alternative
Not had any experience of the Randalls, but if you're after a cheap valve amp that's pretty good for metal, look at the Ashdown Fallen Angel. The best idea is to try them both out, preferably with your own guitar.

heh yeah i would love to try them out but nowhere around me sells randalls, my 'local' store (soundcontrol) is in the next city away, and they stock lots of different amps but no randalls! they have a 6505 which is amazing but unfortunatly costs around £700
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by Crimson_tornado
Thats unlucky, where abouts are you?

ripley, derbyshire. nearest citys to me are derby and nottingham, and neither have randall dealers
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
bump
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Thoughts about my amp? Fantastic sound...good for metal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9YMwbegM1k More proof aint needed. The sound is exactly my amps overdrive channel...no pedals,,,no ODs just the randall!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!