4 44%
another
1 11%
Voters: 9.
so i was cosidering buying a multieffect and i came down to that i like

boss me-50
boss g-8
vox tonelab le

but now every one i talk say different things about and i have only tried the vox so i ask u guy

is this thing good for metal?? i also play alot of blues and jimi hendrix and my main source is buckethead si plz make some responds
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Parker Nitefly with SD Hotrails and JB Two Tone

Amp
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
Boss DD-6
EHX Big Muff
Your Marshall and DS-1 will probably do you for metal, though you might want to get an OD pedal too. And the Marshall should do Hendrix okay. Try not to use the distortion on a multi-effects pedal; use the amp's gain. I'd say pick the one you think has the best effects.

I'd say the Vox.
Quote by blue_strat
Your Marshall and DS-1 will probably do you for metal, though you might want to get an OD pedal too. And the Marshall should do Hendrix okay. Try not to use the distortion on a multi-effects pedal; use the amp's gain. I'd say pick the one you think has the best effects.

I'd say the Vox.

+1
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
ive got an ME-50 and its the best ive ever played on. Reaally simpe to use, and isnt based on amp models, they are all boss's own effects/stomp boxes in one board. Has very good tone, and can do all the things you want it to, and doesnt cost that much.
The way to a girls heart is through her ribcage
I would go with the ME-50. I love it... I dont own it but my friend does, half the time I go to his house is for that soul purpose. It has a metal setting thats f'in insane... And its the easiest thing to use ever. In my opinion, its the best. But I haven't really tried the vox.
Get rid of the optino of getting a G-8
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by blue_strat

I'd say the Vox.

No, a ds-1 can't handle any metal...
I just realized, you have an insane setup...
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Dont bother wasting your money on multi-effects! Waste of tone and money!

I honestly thing a tube screamer would boost your od into heavy metal territory!

I know because thats what I used to do! And I could nail Machine Head heavy! With the clarity and everything!
Quote by ericgentz

He's saying use the DS-1 on the OD channel of the DSL to boost it's gain, as in, use it as an overdrive pedal...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Any multi-effects pedal is going to sound worse than what you have already.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by ericgentz

Gain : 0 - 3
Level : 10
Tone : 5-10

Boosts the amp's level without colouring the tone too much.

Indeed .
iv got a dsl401 and have both the me50 and the gt8, the me 50 sounds like **** if you put it in the effects look of the dsl401, dont know why thats is, everything i read says the best way to connect the gt8 to an amp if with 4 cables, but the dsl has the wrong type of loop for this type of connection to work right (or so im told) i dont realy use effects much now, i quite like the preset patch 1.1 on the me-50